Lost Safari's homepage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tech4all, Sep 3, 2004.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Ok so I was typing in something and apparently I did the keyboard shortcut for Safari's prefrences. And at the same time when I typed the homepage was highlighted and I erased the homepage and can't get it back. I reset Safari and nothing. Anybody know the default homepage for Safari? (the Netscape one with all the breaking news).

That kinda blows with Safari that if you accidently type something in the prefrences you can't undo it. Hard to say this, but in Windows you have to click APPLY or OK to have the changes take affect.... :rolleyes: :mad: I hate to admit it, but this is one place where Windows is a bit better - if you accidently delete or change somethig in the settings you have to click ok to actually apply it.

But if someone could give me the http:// address that would be great!

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

If you trash the preference file it should reset itself. Of course, then you have to reconfigure everything.

3. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Thanks for the quick replies! :D

Ummm where would this prefrence file be for Safari?

And thanks for the homepage!

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Home -> Library -> Preferences -> then something like com.apple.safari.plist or close to it.

5. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Cool thanks! :) But you would think Apple would have some sort of "Are you sure" prompt like in Windows. I know they have this feature in System Prefrences when you change something (and in Mail to I think).

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I suppose it is a little inconsistent, but i personally don't mind it at all. I actually dislike havening to hit Apply all the time. If I didn't want it changed I wouldn't have changed it in the first place.

Not anything against you. I understand that accidents happen. Just never saw much need for it myself.