LOTR: Battle for middle earth on Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MIDI_EVIL, Feb 25, 2006.

1. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

I am a big fan of the first game, and i have pre-ordered the second release coming beginning of March.

Do you guys know if this will ever be a Mac release ?

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.

Rich.

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Don't hold your breath..... I REALLY don't think it will be ported.

3. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

There was one LOTR game released for Mac, but only one, so it's unlikely unless this new one is huge hit.

4. jamms 2.xx macrumors newbie

interest in bfme2 mac port?

hi, don't have my imac yet- but give me a few months,
    the question is, what then? i like to lan party with about half a dozen other guys, most are staunch windows men. starcraft rules the day, no problem there, yea blizzard! But it has recently been suggested that we switch up to ea's upcoming battle for middle earth 2, now this is only a problem if there will be no mac version available. aspyr media has ported other popular ea titles to mac, and this game looks to be a worthy lan successor to starcraft, as well as an enjoyable single player experience. i was going to write aspyr and point them to a petition i haven't made yet to port the game to mac, but i don't know if there is the necessary interest, with the presence of the blizzard rts's. so the purpose of this post is to put out a dragnet to see if people want to see this ea game released for mac.
    thank you

5. MIDI_EVIL thread starter macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

I'm definately up for that...!

I bought this game to use on my girlfriends PC, i would greatly welcome a Mac version...!

Rich.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

AFAIK, Aspyr will only risk porting the games that are serious sellers on the PC. Otherwise, it's really not worth their time & money to buy the rights/port/test/support/sell it. KOTORII is a good example.

7. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

I want every EA game to be released for the Mac!! Especially the Need for Speed series.

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'd definitely buy it if it were ported to the Mac. I've never played it but it's a game I always look at when I see it in stores wishing I could play it :)

9. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

Played that game over at my friends out... wicked game hope it comes out for mac :D