LOTR- Two Towers

Discussion in 'Community' started by krossfyter, Dec 17, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Its opening soon. Anyone catch any secret viewings or anything? This thread is for you all to post your reviews on the movie... if youve seen it..... knowing this movie is opening up soon here. Can't wait to catch the flick. Should be interesting.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

3. diorio macrumors 6502a

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Looks like a friend of mine got tickets to the midnight showing, so I'll be back aftward to give an update. I was actually quite surprised he managed to get them - he went to the theater around 8ish, it said it was sold out, but after asking was told that there were a few more.

We'll be getting there early, probably around 11 or so, hopefully it won't be too crazy.

D

5. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

wow!

post a review please.

w3rd

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I'm going to the 8 o'clock showing tomorrow so I just watched the first episode on DVD to get hyped up, and it worked........
    I'm sure none of us will be disappointed........

7. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yeah ive been checking out the extended version (dvd) for some time now.... so its fresh in my mind before i go in for the showing.

8. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Got the Extended DVD? Put the second disc in, highlight Fan Credits (#48), then move your mouse (I'm assuming you watch flicks on your Mac) to the lower right corner. When the Two Towers' icon appears, click it.

You'll see the trailer for tomorrow's movie.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Between the Ents and the Oliphaunts, i can't wait to see it-- it's gonna kick ass. Partner hated the first one, but he hasn't read the books and therefore doesn't have the patience to sit through so much development... but even he wants to see this, judging by the theatrical trailers. I hope they don't cut too much out, as preparation for war is made, things get really complicated... but it's all worth it...

:)
    pnw

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That will be cool and in the trailer there is a shot of some warriors (Southrons) on giant cats. It should be a great show. Leaving now to go pick up my friends...

D

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I've got tickets to the 12:01 showing tonight, I'll post a review when I get home.. that is of course, if I'm not plowing some super hot LOTR chick I met at the theatre (har-har!) :cool:

I'll be at the grandview lennox if any of my fellow columbus geaks are present...

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

im looking foreward more to the matrix reloaded, but I still can't wait
    to see LOTR:TTT. It looks really good. I love it when Legolas fights,
    he has the coolest fighting style in the movies. I almost like it as much
    as Zhang ZiYi's in CTHD :eek: ;) :D :D .

13. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

got dang you all suck... where im at they dont have a midnight showing or i would defintley be on that. messed up. im envious of you all. they dont even sell advandced tickets here. sux man.

so i have to wake up early to make sure i get the tickets for the showing.

14. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

man i did not know that. thanks for telling me. im going to try that out. i appreciate it.

15. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

wait i tried that thing to get to see the trailer but i cant find that cast part... where is it? i have the special extended dvd version that was recently released... is this the one its on?

there are 4 disks... is it on the second one?... part two? or is it on the second appendices one?

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

easter egg in extended DVD

Many of you probably know about this already but...

If you have the Extended DVD set of the FOTR. Grab disk 2 of 4 and go to the chapter selection. Go over to chapter 48 (make sure the number is highlighted) then press down. An image of the two towers will appear. Select it and you will see the 4 minute theatrical trailer of the Two Towers.

Not a big deal, but fun none the less.

--- There is a fell voice on the air --

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

ummm sorry

i guess the was already posted... my bad

18. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: ummm sorry

nah its cool. i had a question of how to get to it but you answered it.

19. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Just got back from TTT, and in short, it was all that I had imagined.. it was a stunning, amazing film and I enjoyed it in its entirety - almost. Naturally I'd like to point to its few short comings... but as the majority of you have not seen it yet, I won't. You will not be dissapointed though. Go see it tomorrow. :)

20. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Just got back from TT. Midnight show. I was smart enough to bring my Ti book and the extended DVD. We had 40 minutes of sitting in the theater before the movie started. It worked out great, ended up with them leaving Moria, perfect seque to the TT movie.

I thought it was great. If you liked the books, I think you will be satisfied with this version. It really makes me want to see the extended version. I hope it will make some of the jumping back and forth alot better.

I didn't really believe the reviews, but let me say, Gollum is great. Andy could definitely get a nod for supporting actor. See it soon, you will want to see it again, and look forward to the ROTK, only a year to go!

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, it was good - got back last night at 4 AM - needed to jump in bed for 3 hours sleep before work, so I didn't get online earlier. It was quite impressive and a must see.

The theater I went to has 22 theaters, I'm thinking about 15 were showing the movie at midnight, the place was nuts. Traffic a mess getting out.

It was nice that they didn't spend time trying to get you up to speed on the story and just jumped right into it. :D

D

22. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

i am seeing it with a friend soon! I can't wait!

23. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

TOo cool. Im checking it out at 8 p.m. over here in texas. I too cant wait.

24. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

where in texas? I'm seeing it in austin (where I live).

25. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

dude do i wish i was in austin. i love that city.

im in lubbock. too far away from life.

my home is corpus christi though. beautiful place man.. if you ever get a chance to go there... go... its worth it. i miss the beach.