lots and lots of little bumps, help please

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by muffinman, Aug 12, 2006.

1. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

i am in tecate, mexico to teach english. last night, i woke up in the middle of the night, and i felt pretty moderate/strong itching on my arms and my right armpit. i felt a big bump on my neck.

upon waking up, i saw lots (like 50-100) of small bumps on my arms, and the big bump on my neck seemed to be a lot smaller than its previous size. There was no itching at allI think I got this most likely from a bug/s bite/s.

are these any initial symptoms to any diseases? should i be worried?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Hives.

The bump on your neck is indicative of your immune system freaking out about something.

Find some Benadryl and see if that helps.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

El Doctoré.

Yeah, I don't even begin to think I can speak Spanish.

Go. To. The. Doctor. Now.

4. iGav macrumors G3

5. muffinman thread starter macrumors 6502

muffinman

There isnt much to help. There is no itching at all. But i am concerned that this could be some disase. btw, my stools were firm this week, but this morning, it was not really firm..

6. iGary Guest

iGary

If there is a doctor close by, then that is probably a good idea, but a cheap way to find out if it is just an allergic reaction is to pop a couple of benadryls.

Good luck with Montezuma.

7. muffinman thread starter macrumors 6502

muffinman

it cant be hives, the "welts" are not big enough. They are just miniscule bumps, maybe half a millimeter in diameter. maybe im just being super paranoid, but i dont want to catch some wierd disease

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Did you sleep in the heat?...like with no fan, A/C on....anything like that? I would still check out the doctor just to be sure though.

Bless

9. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

what are you sleeping in? as in what type of building. I do know that some bugs love certain types of buildings in mexico. like the **** bugs where they leave a welt under your eye because they bit you and then litteraly took a dump in the wound.

But there are a lot of other bugs that can leave marks like the ones you are describing. Go to a doctor quick.

11. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

yes... sounds like the mexican disease called gousebumpitis. :p ;)

12. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Well you either got this sh*t bitten out of you by a lot of little bugs (which has happened to me- 30 mosquito/spider bites in one hot, unscreened night in Italy) or you have something like chicken pocks or mumps or one of those other bumpy diseases. Head over to a doctor or the hospital have them check things out. Even if it is only bug bites if they were poisonous bugs you could be in a lot of trouble.

13. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

If you rub or scratch them do they get bigger? Sounds like something I had earlier this year, bunch of small bumps that turned red and got larger when I scratched them. But mine did itch occassionally. Made an effort not to scratch them and it eventually cleared up. Anyway, I think it was the heat.