Lots of Apple stickers on cars lately...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Peyote, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Has anyone else noticed? I used to see *maybe* one car per month that had an Apple sticker on it. In March I saw about 4-5, and in April I've seen one already. Has anyone else noticed the trend? I live in Dallas where Apple stickers are rare, because rednecks like to use PC's. :D

In fact, while I'm used to seeing one per month, two weeks ago I saw two in one day! Very strange for Dallas.

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

3. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

I live not far from Los Angeles, and I too have begun to notice an increase in number of Apple stickers. But more than anything i think its because ipod shuffles ship with Apple stickers. Sometimes I pick my gf's kid sisters from HS and ive seen dozens of shuffles on campus and about a handful of kids have stickers on thier cars. For my area, I dont think the stickers are coming from computers.

4. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

That may be the cause...interesting trend nonetheless

BTW...Ontario would seem pretty far from LA to most! :D Maybe you are just thinking of distances as a Texan :p

5. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

HAHA, for the sake of argument I thought it best to point out an area that most of the readers of these forums would easily recognize. In my city I know 2 other mac users, a brother in sister. So I did not expect anyone on MacRumors to know about lil ole Ontario.

(plus LA isnt so far... if u leave at 3 in the morning you can get there in 20 min, ucla in 40... :p )

6. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Ah ok, I thought you were from Ontario, Canada lol

7. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

i got an old skool rainbow apple logo sticker waiting to go on my car :)

8. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Yeah, but its a bummer they don't ship the stickers with the computers anymore.

I want a sticker that has an Apple logo, then says,"My Inner Daemon", followed by a picture of Hexley , the mascot of Darwin, the Unix part of OS X. That I would buy.

9. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I got two with my Mini!

10. TrashCanDan macrumors member

Saw one on the freeway yesterday... woot woot!

11. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I got two with my new PowerMac last week, and I also got two when I bought my Powerbook last fall. I didn't get any with my iPod, but my brother did get a couple with his U2 iPod. It seems that Apple is still including them with computers.

12. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Yah well considering every iPod ships with a set of stickers....

I refuse to put it on my car until I actually get a Mac. I think its a cop out to use one if all you have is an iPod.

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i have one on my car from my powerbook, maybe ill add another that came with my shuffle, but i have yet to see an increase in stickers on cars in my area, and its a college town, but i have seen a huge growth of white headphones and iPods since the 3rd Generation iPods came out, there were maybe a few students who had 'em at that time, now its just about every one out of five students it seems, which is probably a bit of an exageration but thats what it seems like right now

14. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I've got quite a few! I don't want to put them on my crappy Vectra though, I want to wait until I can plaster them over my Ferrari Modena. :D

15. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I can't speak for everyone, but iPods have been selling like mad from the start, quite a while back. I'm curious as to why I'm seeing so many more stickers over the past couple of months. Maybe it has something to do with iPods...but if so, why didn't I see more of them over the past year?

16. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

I was reluctant to put mine on my car --- I don't wanna advertise "Hey, I got a computer".

Outta sight, Outta mind... :D

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

when i got my old 3rd Generation iPod it didnt come with a set of stickers, so i think the inclusion of stickers with iPods is a rather new trend

18. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i got 2 with my 40gig photo and two with my ibook....not on my car though....people think if you have a mac you are rich...and thats not a good thing to advertise when you park your car in downtown detroit when you go to a concert and come out seeing your windows busted in........ :(

19. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Not quite. It's just your perception that's changed. The number of Apple stickers on cars remains the same.

Like when you buy a new car, you start noticing other people with similar cars. Soon, you spot your make of car everywhere.

20. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

my 1st gen 5GB did not have stickers but my new 4th gen did and both my Powerbook and iBook came with stickers.

21. Peyote thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I've been a mac user and had a mac sticker on my car for 6 years...I highly doubt that my perception has changed over the past two months. Thanks for playing...please try again.

It's amazing that you happen to know that the number of Apple stickers on card has not risen...how did you come by that info?

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Apple Stickers.. over the years, I've amassed a HUGE quantity of Apple stickers and time and time again, I put them in my bag with plans on sticking one on my car.. and to date, one has never made it on my car. :( Time to fix that!

23. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

Giant Apple Sticker

For the last 2.5 years I've had a large (maybe the size of a cd case) apple sticker just behind my driver side window. My friend owns a custom decal shop and made it for me. So if you see a custom black cavalier, or soon to be sunfire cobalt ss s/c cruising in the LA area with a giant apple sticker in the window, thats me !

24. Pierre Films macrumors member

Pierre Films

I too live in Dallas, and I have noticed many more Apple Stickers on cars...speaking of which I'm going to put one on my mom's car since she finally made the "switch" and got an iBook.

Pierre Films