Lots of crashing lately...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by manosaurus, Jan 18, 2007.

1. manosaurus macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2006
    Last couple weeks I have had safari, gmail dashboard client, garageband and stuffit expander all crash several times. What is going on here? The GB crash I think were due to overload but the safari and gmail are really bothering me. Is there anything I can do or check (I don't mean console) to see if I can get this to stop happening? Some file somewhere must be corrupt but I wouldn't know where to look.

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2006
    Denver, CO

Have you tried to just run one app at a time and not all together? I have seen that happen, and a lot of times it's the processor getting overloaded and it needs to force applications, that don't help the OS, to shut down.

Any specifics to what you are running would help solve the problem.

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
    It's always worth restarting when you get strangeness. Also, take a look at Activity Monitor and see what's running.
  4. Simon R. macrumors 6502

Sep 25, 2006
    LOL, if that is true (and I don't think it is), Apple should take a serious look at the code of their OS...
  5. manosaurus thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2006
    I haven't been using all of said programs at the same time. I have just had each one separately crash lately. I can't really say what I am doing at the time of the crashes except for when using GB and that is why I am not really worried about GB. Safari has just seemed to randonly crash lately when on the web and not only when opening a site which streams some kind of video. And several times the gmail widget has crashed ewither when opening the dashboard or waking from sleep.