Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccc88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
Well, where do I begin, I love my iPhone but I don't know what to do anymore. One of my issues is common and I have found solutions, but the solutions don't work for me (gmail account)... the other issues I have not found solutions for anywhere online or other places.

(1) From the moment I had my iphone, I could never link my Gmail account...I still can't do this and haven't had a chance to bring it in to an Apple store, only my service provider (Canada- Bell) But have been able to for my university email.
(2), my iPhone began vibrating extremly oddly, out of no-where. I have always kept a screen protector and good case on it, on top of being so careful with it, so it is in perfect quality still, on top of being only 4 months old. It sounds as if the vibration is rattling things inside the iPhone, it is extremely loud and almost scary to hear. Yet when I hold the phone on the sides with a firm grip and vibrate it ( by turning off and back on the vibration setting), it vibrates normally. This just happened out of the blue about a month ago, and Now i am extremely worried it is hurting something as out of no-where(as these things have honestly happened) I looked at my iPhone to check a message, and it gave me a multi-coloured fuzzy screen. It flashed back and forth to the normal screen, at which point I turned off my phone and returned it back on, not having this issue happen again since.

Thirdly, I am worried about hackers. My iphone has been acting very odd lately, opening messages and things I have not opened or done, or promting me to login to applications and twitter, in particular, when I know I have already signed in. In particular the issue that is worrying me the most is when I open my messages, it will have automatically opened the last message viewable in the screen (so, when you open messages normally, on the screen there are 6 messages you can click on without scrolling to go further back. I indefinitely will have not had the last message viewable open already, yet when I open messages, it will have the last message seen before you scroll to go back further opened)

I really hope someone has some suggestions or have had these issues as well...Please help me!!

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Well, where do I begin, I love my iPhone but I don't know what to do anymore.

(1) From the moment I had my iphone, I could never link my Gmail account...I still can't do this and haven't had a chance to bring it in to an Apple store...

Yes, you do know what to do. You just haven't.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
Wow the vibrate issue - I JUST got a new replacement iphone 4S - old one had a stuck Lock Button. - and it is doing the same thing. My vibrate is loud when just sitting on the table. When im gripping it, it is silent. I'm about to take it back right now.

forcetactic

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I also have the same vibrate issue. I've had the phone since October and it started about 2 months ago

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Are you serious? What do you call Geohot and pod2g?

Fairly sure he was referring to his phone being hacked into by a third party to mess with his settings/information. Doing that is very different from what you are referring to both in terms of intentions and execution.

ccc88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
Yes, you do know what to do. You just haven't.

I realize that would be the easiest solution for most, however, not living in a place that has an Apple store and being a student and therefore lacking a car makes that kind of beyond difficult. I thought people may have had similar issues and offer their solutions, which I realized could ultimately be only taking it into an Apple store, however I didn't think there'd be such rudeness. Pompous person you are.

----------

Is it jailbroken?

Do a DFU restore and reload from iCloud. Easy.

No its not Jailbroken, Thanks for your suggestion!!!!

----------

Fairly sure he was referring to his phone being hacked into by a third party to mess with his settings/information. Doing that is very different from what you are referring to both in terms of intentions and execution.

I'm sorry, but can this be potentially further explained ...is it possible to hack an iphone or view messages and things to that nature by a 3rd party or what I described

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.