Lots of Pangea Games Free For App Store's 3rd Birthday

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 11, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pangea Games is giving away a number of its games in honor of the App Store's third birthday. The App Store opened July 11, 2008 and users downloaded 10 million apps in the first 3 days.

Apple recently noted that more than 15 billion apps have been downloaded from the App Store, an average of 13.7 million apps per day.

[​IMG]

Pangea is giving away:

- Networked racing game Cro-Mag Rally (formerly $3.99)
    - The phenomenal and award-winning puzzle games Enigmo ($2.99) and Enigmo Deluxe for iPad ($2.99)
    - Sequel Enigmo 2 ($2.99)
    - Physics arcade game Antimatter ($0.99)
    - Alien 3rd-person RPG Otto Matic ($2.99)
    - Pilot a flying dinosaur from the future with Nanosaur 2 ($3.99)
    - 3D Action-Adventure title Bugdom 2 ($2.99)
    - Space cowboy game Billy Frontier ($2.99)

The free pricing is only through 9 PM EDT tonight. That's a ton of free games. After that, pricing goes up to $0.99, which is still a deal, but not nearly as good as free. Grab 'em while you can.

Article Link: Lots of Pangea Games Free For App Store's 3rd Birthday

2. macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Can't complain with the price. Will have to check them out, because I used to really like the Pangea games on the Mac.

3. macrumors 68020

4. macrumors regular

I'll download all of them, and, if I'm lucky, end up keeping one or two on my phone. I can't see most of these keeping my attention, but you can't argue with free.

5. Guest

Still showing as paid apps...is this Mac or iOS-only?

6. macrumors regular

Amazing!

This sale Rocks! I remember when the app store first came out, Cro-Mag Ralley was $10, and today it is free!

7. macrumors 6502a

Bugdom used to be a piece of my childhood on an iMac G3. I'll be sure to enjoy it on my iPad.

8. macrumors 6502a

MasterHowl

9. macrumors 68000

Porco

Nice. Thanks for the tip MR, and thanks for the games Pangea.

10. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Nice gift; got them all ... Arigatou

11. macrumors 65816

yes same here, loved it, played it for hours :D

is there a way to get it now, for intel macs??

12. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wouldn't be a new guy post without a hyphenated word. :p

Well, it was posted in the iOS blog. :D

13. macrumors 6502a

Try SheepShaver. I highly doubt it would work with games, though.

14. macrumors 68030

baryon

I got them all, and I really find Cro Mag Rally and Nanosaur extremely hard to play... I mean it's a mess to navigate and the accelerometer is laggy and way to sensitive, how does anyone manage this?

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors member

Same for me. Perhaps it's just the country we're located in (i.e., not the USA).

:(

17. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just downloaded 'em all for free here in the US. Antimatter looked a bit too weird for me, but I'll certainly give the others a try. Thanks for the tip!

18. macrumors 601

I bought Cro Mag when it first hit the store at about $9.99. I played it for a day and gave up because it was too hard. I even realized about a month ago that I no longer had it on my computer.

I was thinking of grabbing all of these games but I just don't play enough games to bother with it. 90% of the non game apps I've downloaded in the three years have been the same way.

Have fun with the games everyone. :)

19. Guest

Surely

20. macrumors 6502

I looked at all of them and didn't find one worth downloading. Good deal though.

21. macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  22. macrumors regular

THANK YOU Pangea for your generosity! I loved CMR on the Mac! It would be great to have a copy on my iPhone, just for the nostalgia factor, even though I'll rarely play it. However...

BOO!!! HISS!!! AT&T/Apple for the retarded restriction on not allowing downloading of 20MB+ apps over 3G!!!!! If I want to burn up my 3G data usage limit downloading a 100MB app, that should be MY decision! :mad:

Oh well, I suppose I can just pay the $1 and download it when I get home. Wonder if the stupid restriction will go away once we no longer need a computer to activate our i-devices... Probably not.

23. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

After a long day at work, it's nice to come home and find that Pangea Games is being so generous. At least to people on the east coast. Those of us on the west coast instead find that they ended the offer right before we got home.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

24. Guest

Surely

You snooze you lose, sucka! ;):p

I gots me the downloads.

25. macrumors 6502

Thanks for sharing! I picked up the ones I didn't get already. Hopefully I'll have a chance to play around with them. I remember seeing some of these way back in the day when the app store came out.

Agreed. We should at least be able to purchase an app with the option of downloading it later. Mainly to score these great deals.