lots of problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pmsharp, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Pmsharp macrumors newbie

Okay, I decided to install boot camp today, I had done this once before, without any problems, so, just as I was starting the install I got gray screened, I’m sure if your reading this you know what that is, anyway I didn't think much of this proceeded to install windows XP... however my driver CD didn't work correctly, so I tried to go back to the Mac side to see if I could figure out what the problem was. As soon as I starting loading max 10.4. (Whatever the new one was) I got gray screened again, I tried again... same thing. As a last resort I try putting the 1st install CD in, no dice, it thinks about it for some time and then gray screens on me... so, I’m stumped.

If you have any ideas please do tell.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I assume by gray screen you are referring to a kernal panic, yes/no?

Have you tried to boot from the OS X install disk?

3. Pmsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

as in the screen becomes a darker gray, and says " you need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button."
    and the says this in french german and chinese

QUOTE=synth3tik;3437982]Have you tried to boot from the OS X install disk?[/QUOTE]

yes, I put in the install disk, held down C when loading up, it chugged along for a little and then died, same green screen.

fyi running as up to date as i can be, macbook pro, windows still boots up just fine. but as i said before the drivers don't function as well as they should, the network does't work, and it complains about usb stuff too, but really i don't care about the windows side.

thank's
    P.