Louis Freeh Blasts Clinton in Book

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Oct 10, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Red meat for 'you conservatives'.... Come and get it!
    Link'd
    Of course, as we know from previous righty statements, you can't believe anything a disgruntled former employee says. Besides, he's just out to profit from his book. Right? Of course! So I'm sure no self-respecting rightie will take this up as valid. ;)

2. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

True, but you can't discount everything in the book because of it. :)

3. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

So we can't discount Paul O'Neill's claims?
    ;)

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hard to get a read on how much of what Freeh says is true.

Clinton did indeed have a knack for making enemies, and a number of them claim that he went back on his word in one way or another. Fair enough. That's entirely possible.

Trouble is, aside from Lewinsky, the Clinton "scandals" were merely half-truths and wishful thinking conjured up by those same enemies. The Clintons didn't kill Vince Foster. They were the victims in the Whitewater scam. And so on.

So for Freeh to blame President Clinton for the "skeletons" and "scandals" is, to a large degree, nonsense.

The other claims may or may not be true. I suppose they're possible. I'm sure Clinton did the politically expedient thing, rather than the right thing, when he felt like it.

5. tristan macrumors 6502a

I'm not real convinced with Freeh's statement that Clinton impeded the Khobar Towers investigation. If Freeh blames anyone, it should be the Saudis, not the US administration. Anyway, how does Freeh know every discussion that Albright, Clinton, etc had with the Saudis or the context of the international relationship? He's head of FBI, not State.

6. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Of course CBS's conservative bias is coming into play here too... When Freeh makes his claims CBS refused to film a segment allowing a Clinton surrogate to defend Clinton against Freeh's charges. When Richard Clarke's book 'Against All Enemies' was released CBS filmed a segment with Steven Hadley allowing him to rebut Clarke's charges against Bush.

The liberal media my ass.

Link'd