Lousy framerates on CoD: UO

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Jan 2, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    I just got CoD: UO for my computer and I am rather annoyed with the framerates I am geting in single-player. Even at lowest resolution it seems choppy. I am running it on a 933 MHz machine. The orginal CoD ran just fine on my iBook, even on an 800 Mhz machine (and it asks for 867 mhz). I always complemented CoD on how well it ran and I hope that doesn't change on United Offensive. the funny thing is multiplayer runs fine. Anyone else has this problem? does anyone know if Aspyr plans to realese a patch for UO?
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
  3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    I'll bet its your video card and or ram. You may have that pushed to its limits, even though you are running at the lowest res settings.
    Although i am running on a dual 1.8 G5, I have 768 of ram and don't have any issues. I also have a lowly GeForce fx card.
  4. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Funny, after the first level te framrates pick up. In combat they could be better, but atleast the framerates are now enjoyable.
  5. ollie macrumors member

Oct 21, 2004
    it would run fine in mp because mp uses a cut down graphics. same with sof2. not enough to make it look bad. but it is there. you can see it. at least i think you could. i seem to remember that aabout sof2 but i havnt played that inages. also the sp has ai and such to do as well.
    i want united offencive... i want powerbook :( update apple...UPDATE!!

ps: i have cod pc but would like to play on mac. is there an installer ala quake 3 or do i have to buy it again?
    same with starcraft
  6. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    sorry but you have to buy CoD for Mac. The PC version comes on 2 cds while the Mac version is just one DVD. Also, like the PC version, Call of Duty requires the DVD to be in the drive to play SP. The DVD is not required for MP (at least for the original CoD. I don't know about CoD:UO)

As for Starcraft, the cd was created for both PC and Mac, but you have to download the OS X installer from Blizzard at this link.