Love at first sight?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The Grood, Jan 26, 2007.

1. The Grood macrumors regular

Do you believe in love (not lust) at first (instant) sight with another human being?

Has it happened to you?

Did it work out?

Or is it just a bunch of romantic Hollywood hocus pocus?

2. vniow macrumors G4

Yup.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I don't believe in love at first sight, lust at first sight however certainly exists :)

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Yes.

Yes.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Though it may seem like "love", I'd say its more like (for guys) "I'd do her" at first sight. Could be the other way for women. Care to share ladies?

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of my heart.

But at first sight? No.

7. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Great. Now I can't get that damn falsetto outta my head!:mad: :p

8. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I believe in meeting someone and very very very much wanting to spend time with them again.

Call it electricity, magic, whatever. You can almost smell the vibrations in your skull (some sort of a projection of a wild internal gravity).

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Love at first sight? Sure...

After all, I've seen Onizuka's arse.

10. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I believe that in retrospect it can prove to be. But at first sight, you're not there yet.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

There have been instances where a lady completely rocks me from head to foot. Some worked out, but most did not. But, some will argue that love requires a more in-depth feeling, which can only be obtained by engaging the person for an unspecified period of time. I think love is an evolutionary process, that morphs as time passes and the relationship broadens. So, I do believe that a person can develop an immediate first-phase love. However, it may never proceed beyond that point.

For example, you could have the most beautiful, vivacious lady appear and leave you in a state of total bewilderment. Then she takes her coat off and her tee-shirt reads, "I Luv Gee-Dub". Poof, the moment is lost.

12. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Yes
    Yes
    No, we got married. :rolleyes:
    No, but Hollywood still sucks.

13. Lau Guest

Surely a percentage of people who felt lust at first site went on to fall in love with aforementioned lusted after person, and therefore would believe in love at first sight?

14. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I wouldn't call it love at first sight. I think love develops over time. However, there can definitely be some sort of attraction at first sight.

Lust can definitely happen at first sight. It's all based on a bunch of emotions and hormones. Those can fluctuate at a moment's notice.

Hollywood can't even keep their own relationships together so how can I possibly think that what they make movies about is real? They have very little credibility in my book.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yup I believe it. Then it takes about 7 years to figure out you hate them and another 3 to figure out how easy it is to get a divorce.

16. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I used to think that it was a joke or a myth until it happened to me. I remember it like it was yesterday. I stopped in the middle of what I was saying to my college roommate, walked across the cafeteria and introduced myself. We got married three years later after we both graduated.

17. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Awwww... :)

18. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I've found that the ones I've liked the most really didn't interest me at first...

19. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

20. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Absolutely. :)

I was first introduced to my wife by my girlfriend at the time. ;)

We were getting together with some friends at a burger joint in my small home-town. The instant I saw her I knew I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life.

That was about nine years ago and we've been married for nearly six and have a wonderful 14 month old son.

Life is wonderful. :D

21. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

WTF, is it Feb. 14 already? The guys I "loved at first sight" never lasted as long as the the one I spent a couple of months learning to love. We've been married for 20 years. I'm squarely in the lust-at-first-sight.

22. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I've never experienced love. It doesn't help that I'm an asexual misanthrope.

23. Boxer macrumors regular

I do, and so does my fiance. We met over 4 years ago, and we are getting married next year. It was love at first sight. The rest is history.

24. Allstermac macrumors member

Allstermac

It happened to me :) Was a great 3 days until I got to know her. Most people wait till they have you baited, before they start farting in front of you! This one started putting on weight after 2 weeks:eek: , had to run for the hills! Was it lust/love.. I thought love, but I found(not saying it can't happen) ya just do not know someone until you know em

25. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think so too. I think anybody who said "yes" felt "lust at first sight", but fell in love with the girl after conversation, and now they think "Yes, it was love at first sight" because it worked out from the first meeting onward.

I didn't love my girlfriend at first sight. I didn't "lust" after her either. She was cute, but so were the other 2 girls I met on the same day. After talking with her for 2-3 hours, I thought to myself, "I can't let this one go." :)

I'm not married, but I do love my girlfriend to bits. (no knives involved)