love/hate your wireless keyboard? questions

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by friction3000, Jan 14, 2004.

1. friction3000 macrumors newbie

i am thinking about getting a wireless keyboard/mouse setup for my older G4 (no bluetooth). can you tell me:

- what brand you've used and how it works

- what is the wireless range on it?

i want to be able to take it across the room and still be able to start Protools (i won't have to move when doing overdubs by myself that way...)

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I got the logitech cordless elite duo, and it is pretty nice. I get good range, across my room. Just buy some rechargable batteries, and save yourself some money.

3. spaz macrumors member

i have the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse from Apple. i haven't tested the range too much because i'm usually right at the computer, but they've never given me troubles.

a couple things to be aware of though -

the sensitivity of the mouse changes a little bit, it's harder to make *really* minute movments, which might be frustrating for certain applications.

my friend has them as well, and he can't wake his iMac from sleep using the Bluetooth mouse or keyboard for some reason (the option to allow them to wake the computer is greyed out in preferences).

in general i love them, and love not having cords all over my desk.

4. beefcake macrumors 6502

I have the logitech MX duo, the cadillac of wireless accessories (at least when I bought it). The mouse is great, though as was pointed out its difficult to make extremely finite movements (but I've found that to be a problem on all optical mice). The keyboard is a love/hate thing. If it has a clear line of sight to the cradle, its perfect. If I put my leg in front of it, it misses a few keys and if its blocked by the edge of the desk its even more inconsistent.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I believe the above poster with the "wake from sleep" option is addressed in Apple kbase about needing a firmware update. However, I love my Apple Wireless keyboard and it works like a charm. I occasionally go into other dorm rooms and can continue to type.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120253

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Thank you so much. Downloaded the firmware update and now my Mac wakes from sllep with my BT Apple KB and lags in seeing what I type on screen are gone. Wasn't aware there was a firmware update and assumed I would have been notified via SU.