Love my Shuffle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by leekohler, Mar 29, 2005.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK- I never thought I'd buy an iPod, but the Shuffle convinced me. It weighs nothing and is so small it sits in my pocket and I don't even feel it there. The memory doesn't bother me. I'm not one to want my entire CD collection on a small device anyway and the original iPods are just too big. I know they're small compared to a Discman, but I never had one of those either.

I bought it as a B-day present to myself and took it with me to the gym today for the first time. Because of the size and weight, it was never a distraction. Finally I found a music player I can deal with. Apple does it again. :)

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I love mine too, especially for excercising - worked great all through a 30-mile run on Sunday.

Like it for the office, too.

I usually stay plugged in all day so i can ignore the annoying people I work with. ;)

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Oh. :eek: That's excessively energetic.
    There's a lot to be said for sloth... ;)

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Yes, there is. I stayed home from the office yesterday and watched useless television all day. ;)

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That was me on Sunday-nursing a hangover I got trying to party like a frat boy Saturday night. I can't do that anymore!

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i love my shuffle too

its only the 512mb one but its great for going to and from class, hanging out for a bit here and there and works great for my trips to and from work and home

im glad it works so easily with my car radio like my old ipod and that it fits easily enough into my pocket

an OLED display would be convenient though, maybe in another revision?

7. auxplage macrumors 6502

You ran 30 miles??? That is longer than a marathon, so how long did it take you? Good thing you live in eastern Maryland because it is not hilly there. ;) A regular iPod could not take those 30 miles considering the hard drive issue, so it is good Apple has that Shuffle.

8. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I love the shuffle for running as well - makes the time go by quickly. Although 30 miles is nothing I could do at this point. I am struggling enough with the 4 or 5. Don't let yourself get out of shape!! ;) Shuffle is great for exercising - reason I got one.

9. siLLiLicious macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about buying a Shuffle as well and was just curious if you guys think that 1 GB is enough for a workout? I'm trying to decide between the Shuffle and the Mini and I'm not quite sure which one to get first. I'll eventually get both, but this is just to hold me off until I can get the other one. I tried working out with my iPod Photo and haha... it didn't work too well.

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i love my new 1gb ipod shuffle so far. i've only went on 2 short runs with it so far (5 miles) and it was nice. it was an upgrade from a 256 iriver mp3 player. the iriver held about 50 or so songs, this thing holds 250! so much better

11. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i love my shuffle too, i just got it yesterday, havn't been runnin with it yet or nething (still a little cold up here in canada ;) ) but i love it, its a great accent to my G3 ipod, and it works great, the only thing i regret is getting the 1GB, instead of the 512, i don't need the GB its too much, but i'm not complaining....too much :p still love it :D

12. emmawu macrumors 6502

My husband gave me one for Valentine's Day. I use it all the time. Hiking, reading and tanning are great with it. I never leave home without it. ;)

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

The 1 Gb is great, but I bought the 512 and I get at least 8 hours of music out of it, so it should be fine! :)

14. siLLiLicious macrumors newbie

AWESOME! Thanks for everyones' feedback! I look forward to spending MORE money! (not that spending money on Apple products is bad ya know) I'm excited!!!

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

With an iPod mini, he can only run 20 miles due to the excess weight!!1 :eek:

16. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

If I could run for 30 miles (relatively new ex-smoker) then I'd have got the shuffle, however I'm a lazy b*st**d so I got the mini instead (blue).
    Very cool.

17. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I take 3 shuffles with me. It helped keep my mind off my painful blisters when I finished 3rd in the Badwater Ultra-marathon. It was a grueling 132 miles.

18. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Respect

19. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Wow. I thought it was humanly impossible to run more than oh say, 30 yards at a time. Unless a dog is chasing you. In which case you could maybe squeeze another 10 - 15 yards out before collapsing. :D

Why three shuffles? Battery life? Song Selection? And how long does it take to run 132 miles? Thats like 24 hours or something isnt it?

20. PieMac macrumors 6502a

So there is a car adapter available for the iShuffle? Who makes it?

21. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Buy?

Ive ben thinking about buying a shuffle for exercise ive already got a zen micro so i dont need a big memory storage id probably be listening to books on tape how many minutes the 512 hod?

22. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

A little over 8 hours. :)

23. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Love my Shuffle too! Been using it on the treadmills at the gym. (I have this bad habit of trying to fall in step with the person next to me!)

Ran outside with it yesterday. Only one problem - I can't get the left earbud to stay in place. The right does fine. I'm thinking I have funny ears or something!