Loving my new mighty mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gadgetgirl85, Aug 6, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Wireless mighty mouse arrived today. Its taking a bit of getting used to (the very small scroll button) does it not have a second button to "right click"? or is that the button on the side?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Go to System Preferences and click on the Keyboard and Mouse button.

In there you can set the right hand side of the mouse to be the right button, you have to lift the left finger off the mouse slightly and click with the right.

You can also set the other buttons to do what you want.

3. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

The mouse is touch sensitive, so to right click, you must click while only touching the right side of the mouse. This may take some getting used to, but to some it comes naturally.

To enable touch sensitive right-click, look in the Mouse section in System Preferences.

Edit: I'm soo slooow ;)

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

And I'm on dial-up...:p

5. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I dont know which finger I'm meant to be using for the mouse I'm getting a little uncomfortable (I'm a lefty if thats any help) are you meant to use your index finger to scroll?

7. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Right now I'm at work without my mighty mouse, and I don't really remember which finger I use. I think I use the index finger.

Try using the mouse with slightly different grips and use the scroll ball with different finger. Eventually you'll fall into the most comfortable grip.

My might mouse feels like a natural extension of my arm now, but in the beginning it felt a bit strange, so I can relate to how you feel. Oh, and I turned off right-click, because I found then "natural extension" feeling to go away a bit with right-click turned on.