Low price on refurb iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by supergod, Feb 5, 2006.

1. supergod macrumors 6502

Today I sold my old setup (Powermac 1.6ghz, Dell 2005fpw, Apple 17" ADC CRT display) for $1375 CAD and bought a new iMac. The computer that I ended up picking up is much better than I was assuming I could afford.

The deal I got was this: I got a refurb 20" iMac G5 Ultimate (wireless keyboard and mouse, 1 gig of RAM) for $1465 CAD! I mean, I thought that they person selling it to me had made a mistake. I had called the other day and they had said that they were selling standard refurbished 20"s for $1575. I opened up the box in the store and checked it out and I asked about dead pixels. The salesperson said I couldn't power it up to check, but that if I brought it home and there were any dead pixels, she would take it back that day without any restocking fees.

At this point I'm just about ecstatic. The comp is all set up and it's WAY better than my old one. The display seems better than the Dell's and the computer is noticeably faster. :D

2. supergod thread starter macrumors 6502

I should add though, that since this is Canada, the sales tax pushed the final price to $1600 CAD. Still, that's only $1394 USD!

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

might wanna change you sig now then :cool:

4. supergod thread starter macrumors 6502