Lowering screen brightness even more

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ripplebunny, Jul 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are there any free apps in Cydia or the App Store that allows me to lower the brightness even more than the minimum? Thanks!
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2011
    Definitely not in the app store because Apple doesn't allow system modifications / tweaks into the App store, but i'm not sure about Cydia. Have you searched Cydia for it?

Just curious, why would you want to lower the brightness more than the minimum? :confused:
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2011
    I've searched Cydia and found Dimmer :p But it's not free. I want to lower it because it is hard to see in the dark.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2011
    If it's hard to see in the dark, wouldn't you want it to be brighter? :confused:
  5. Joined:
    Jul 18, 2011
    haha I think Ripplebunny means that in the dark, even the lowest level is too bright

Anyway. might I suggest wearing sunglasses in addition to the lowest settings? :D
  6. macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2011
    Ok, that is getting preposterous... :rolleyes:
  7. macrumors regular

Dec 13, 2010
    lol...no need for that, just buy one of those tinted screen protectors off eBay. They're about $2 or so shipped. ;)