LSU National Champs

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stelliform, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

2. Mac til death macrumors regular

Go SEC!

SEC football was very good this year. Hopefully MSU (Mississippi State) can do something with their new coach after an embarrassing year...

once again GO SEC!!!

LSU: THE National Champs

cry me a river USC fans... but at least OU didn't win... right? :) ;)

Either way I'm sure LSU wouldn't have a problem playing another game. :D

3. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

It was definitely a good game. However, that sure looked like a fumble to me. That could have possibly changed the whole game. But, OU got what it deserved. When they were on the 20, they should have kept running the ball!!

4. zed macrumors 6502

GO TIGERS!!!!

man... if i didnt have to work in the morning i would be in the French Quarter right now........

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

slit champion on not.... we get to bring home the crystal football... that just happens to have "LSU" engraved right under "National Champions"

:) :) :) :)

5. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I love it... OU gets nothing this season. Not even a conference title. Good job LSU. OU had it coming...

I like this poll here... ESPN poll

Right now, almost half of the people think that Jason White isn't all he's cracked up to be, and it looks like USC is the favorite, with Oklahoma having less than half of USC's favor or even LSU's.

The BCS is f****ed up, but it's good to see that USC, who played their asses off got at least some recognition, with the split title. LSU too. They played a great game against OU, who I think after seeing their last two games, was highly overrated.

6. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Congrats to LSU and USC. How many years are left for the BCS, anyway? Seems like we're down to 1 or 2.

7. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Maybe they should have played their asses off when they lost to an UNranked opponent.:D

8. msbsound macrumors regular

SEC steps up

Nice way to cap off a bowl season for the SEC. If not for my terrible Florida Gators and Tennessee shooting themselves in the foot, we would be undefeated...ah well. Congrats go out to LSU and there fans, great season and great game.

I still don't know how we beat you....:)

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I dunno about that Zed.... The FQ can be pretty crazy as it is--with LSU fans going nuts in it I don't think it'd be such a good idea.

I did read in the newspaper though that those who couldn't get in would get treated to a projection of it on the side of a building outside. Did you see the news with all the tailgaters and stuff? Man it was madness...

....first time LSU has been in the championship since '59, by the way.

10. pmac933 macrumors newbie

If OU is overrated, what does that say about the Longhorns?

11. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

GO SEC

My Vols got whipped, and so did florida. But everyone else did a bang up job. Congrats LSU. OU was overrated. just like the rest of the big 12

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Go LSU and the SEC, that was one hell of a game and LSU earned it. Sorry to hear about some of the SEC losses, but good job for Arkansas taking out Missouri, that game was over at half time. and thank you coach nutt for not leaving us for Nebraska.

iJon

13. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Heh. Nebraska just destroyed their own program. No coach wants the job. They know that even with a good winning record they'll get fired unless they're in thhe championship every year. No coach of any consequence will go there and the program's prestige will rapidly disintegrate. Nice one. :rolleyes:

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

and i think nutt realized that. that 2 mill will only be so good for 1 year, and then he is gone. plus i think frank put nutt into the 1-1.5 mil range and is going to arrange him to be athletic director when frank rolls over and dies.

iJon

15. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

We were overrated too, but we never got into any championship games. Our team had a hard time being consistent. We could play well one game, then completely fudge up the next. It's partly because of bad coaching. We have the talent, we just need to work with it, and put it to use correctly. OU just blazed through, and then lost to KSU (who we beat), and then LSU...

16. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

While we're all taking bout overrated, what about underrated teams?

Like Maryland? If you caught the game, then you got to witness the utter dismantling of West Virginia (who was somehow ranked higher than Maryland).

Some notable plays include Suter's one handed reception (was #1 in the Top Tens on SportsCenter). Or Suter's 80-yard punt return. Oh, and winning by a landslide 41-7. Obviously we shoulda been playing somebody else.

Fortunately, some people FINALLY realized that, and Maryland is now 17th in AP and 20th in ESPN/Coaches poll. How many teams have had 10 win seasons three years in a row?

*ONLY four other schools: Miami, Oklahoma, Texas, and Washington State.