LucasArts on Board with Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by DEXTERITY, Jul 24, 2006.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

More third party support!

LucasArts confirm support for all next-gen consoles, including the upcoming Wii.

Apart from the Rogue Squadron series from the now-departed second party Factor 5, the GameCube was distinctly lacking in LucasArts titles. However, LucasArts revealed at ComicCon that the Wii would be among the console it would be supporting with new games next-generation.

As for what titles will specifically be on the way, all LucasArts representative Steve Sansweet would confirm was that the Wii controller was very similiar to a lightsaber.

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9387

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    So we can look forward to a Jedi Baseball game then?

3. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

good news. I can't say how much i'm looking forward to playing a lightsabre game with the wii controller.

huh? :confused:

4. mkaake macrumors 65816

Yeah, but the main problem is that when you actually hit the ball, it disintegrates...

5. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

:D San Francisco Sith vs. Jacksonville Jedi? The Frankfurt Force vs. Seattle Sabers? It'll sell like hotcakes!

6. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

...or perhaps, more obviously, free-form light sabre fights? What a stretch you've made.

7. mkaake macrumors 65816

tongue in cheek humor about the fact that *lucas arts* said you would use the wii-mote, and it would be for something *similar* to a lightsaber

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

twas a joke. Of course that's the obvious answer.

9. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

my bad. :eek:

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wouldn't like an influx of mediocre Light Sabre games where all the reviewers and players say "We're still waiting for the one". I'd rather there be no lightsabre games just yet, with word of the one spreading as rumours. then it hits. 2 years into the Wii's life. and it is incredible.

11. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

It could be good, it could be bad. I think Lucas Arts has always produced mediocre games, at best. Either controls, or graphics, or options... None of them have just completely stood out.

If there is a game in the works where you battle with lightsabers, they better have all the bugs worked out on the physics engine/network play for it or it will really, really bite them in the ass.

12. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Good point.They need to get the wii remote and lightsaber down pat before a release. No half you know whatting it here!

13. mkaake macrumors 65816

That's the truth of it.

Chances are they'll get the lightsabers right, and the rest of the game completely muffed up, accounting for some 60% of gameplay...

My biggest concern for the Wii is that developers will focus so strongly on the controller that they'll forget about the rest of the game...