Lucky Bags on Sale tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JDOG_, Jun 3, 2005.

1. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Hi all,

I'm hitting up the opening of the new Apple Store in Portland, OR tomorrow and was wondering the likelyhood of them selling "Lucky Bags." like they have at other stores. My basic understanding of these bags is that they're only sold at major Apple stores, but I hadn't heard anything beyond that.

If anybody who knows any history of Apple selling lucky bags in smaller locales, that would be awesome so I can figure out whether or not to wake up at 6 a.m. or not :rolleyes:

Looking forward to being there nonetheless.

2. inlimbo macrumors 6502

What is in a lucky Bag? A free Powermac G5? he he. But seriously what do u get? Anything useful?

3. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

You don't know until you buy one. That's why its called a lucky bag. You normally pay around $3 or $400 for one and they are promised to be worth anywhere from $600 to $1000 in items inside. Each one is different. If your lucky you get a bag with $1,000 worth products, if not, $600.

4. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Someone buy me one, make sure that Mac Mini is in there. Then send it to me k! lol

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    No, they've only done them at recent flagship stores (SF and London) and in Japan (where the concept is traditional). You'll get a T-shirt though...

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

if I remember, didn't Apple announce that they weren't doing the lucky bag thing any more after the London store opening?

they're supposed to be a "fun" thing but it seems it always leads to lots of complaining about the limited number of bags available and people being upset that the loot inside isn't something like an ipod....or a G5 powerbook

7. JDOG_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Yeah, so no lucky bags. But hanging out in line for three hours was still a blast!

I guess that means this thread can be closed, thanks to all the responses :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The important thing is that you have a good time at the opening. Most important thing is that you now have a Apple Store in your area. Many Mac owners still don't.

9. JDOG_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

This store was actually the second Apple store in my area. The other one being the mall store in Pioneer Place (which is actually the same size as this one).

I didn't go specifically to get a lucky bag, just to go to one of these "fabled" openings. My one qualm with the whole morning is that the free t-shirt was an XL and frankly that's a little too big for most people.