Lumox 2: OS X Lumines knock off (wooohoooooooo!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by colinp, May 14, 2006.

1. macrumors member

This was just reviewed at Macworld. I downloaded the demo and ended up buying the thing twenty minutes later (had two run throughs first :D).

[​IMG]

I don't have a PSP, but have wanted one for Lumines since it came out. Well, I think I can bypass it now 'cuz this is GREAT! And $10 is the right price for it too. Anyone else try it out?

Here's a link to their webpage (with demo).

Insanely fun.

2. macrumors 6502

bowzer

I already have it for PSP ...its fun ;) Im pretty sure they're doing a 2nd one too. Maybe for ps2 aswell, i cant remember.

3. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Am I doing something wrong or does this game not work? I'm running the demo and nothing happens when I combine block colors. I can fill the whole screen with blocks and the electricity bolt never comes. Don't understand the concept here.

4. macrumors 6502a

You have to group color in a group of 4 :

X X
    X X

or

0 0
    0 0

5. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

That's what I do and nothing happens. I get even larger groups and it gets outlined in a white grid but that's it until eventually I can't place anymore blocks on the screen and it ends.

6. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Ok, nevermind figured it out.

I was running the game from the disk image. Didn't think that would matter but apparently the game will only operate fully when it's running of the hard drive.

Big difference ;)

7. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That looks very boring......not like the PSP version which have the lights and music.

Bless

8. thread starter macrumors member

Ummm, if you tried it you would notice that there is music. Lights? I'm not sure what you're referring to. Either way, here's a cookie for trying.

The gameplay is there, and ultimately that is all that matters.

9. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^have you played the psp version where the music and lights make the game go on and etc.....or you don't know what "looks" mean....

Bless