Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I've heard that's going around at the moment!

That darn pregnancy, floating around everywhere and such. I should be OK though, it only affects about half of the population, and I am not of that half. I'm really glad, too. Its a nasty affliction.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
So, when they would get bad, I would spend a week or so milking out these cheese-like lumps. They smell horrible and picking them out made my tonsil even more sore. I would feel better for a month and then I'd have to start over.

I recently got a water pick to "shoot" them out. It's been working good so far.

Wow. Thats the most disgusting post I have ever read here. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

So, these things smell horrible, but what do they taste like? :cool:

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Woo my thread from a year ago!

I guess update time. Over the summer it went away abut this past month I can feel it again. I think it's whenever I get sick but I haven't been sick all season (which is a first). If I feel my throat I can feel it. Not really a lump but sumthin' it's wierd, rests right up against the trachea.

As for the throat cheese, I think I might have cough up sumthin' like that before, smelled horrible. That was only once though.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2005
I had something like this recently. Amoxicillin did nothing, and I was getting worried. Then I read that raw chopped garlic works on some bacteria that prescrip antibiotics sometimes don't. Cooked garlic and garlic pills don't work for this -- the antibiotic effect is caused by the chemical reaction from crushing or chopping the garlic. So I started swallowing down a few cloves of chopped raw garlic every day (just put it on the back of the tongue and drink a full glass of water, or mix it into appropriate foods). The pain was much less within about 48 hours, and gone completely after a few days -- after MONTHS of this thing not going away. I'm continuing to take a "maintenance dose" of garlic, and I've been OK now for almost a month.

It might not work for you. But it worked for me. Maube I placebo'd myself.:D

tringo

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2006
I actually have something really similar to this as well. I went to the doctors (free in Canada, yipeee!) and they said I had swollen tonsils. I asked if they should be taken out and they said no, we'll wait. But I've still had this swollen feeling in my throat for months, it gets better then worse and vice versa.

Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.