Lump on head...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GFLPraxis, Mar 17, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I bumped my head getting out of a car a week or two ago...I noticed a few days ago that I still had the bump on my head, and it hurts if touched.

Should that lump on my head still be there? It still hurts when I poke it. It feels funny right now, but probably cause I've been poking it, and I'm desperately trying (and failing miserably) to get some very difficult homework done, which is making me a bit woozy from sitting with bad posture on the couch with my laptop for so long.

2. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Sounds worth getting it looked at. A doc will tell you what you can do to get rid of it (heat, cold, etc.)

3. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Doctor it. Most definitely.

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

:D

Homework implies that you likely have either 1.) A college/university health or wellness center or 2.) a school nurse.

Either is likely a better solution than you poking the lump with your finger.

5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Lump sat alone in a boggy marsh.
    Totally motionless except for her heart.

Head bumps are problems on the inside of your head. On the outside not so much. Poking makes things swell. Poking makes things hurt.

I once had a lump on my head. It was squishy. I didn't like it. I poked it. It got bigger. I poked it with a needle and it leaked a little bit of clear fluid. I squeezed it. Days later it was a little bit bigger, so I poked with a compass. I squeezed hard and got a little bit of white stuff out. It swelled up a bit. Weeks went past and it was slowly getting bigger. I took a coat hanger and cut a long piece of it. Then I filed that down to a sharp sharp point. I heated it up in a candle to make sure it was sterile and then jabbed it into the lump. There was a little blood. I pulled it out and squeezed the lump. There was a half teaspoon of the white chunky stuff. The lump is now just a slightly raised area.

Your lump is just a bruise. Take some asprin and stop poking it.

A couple years later I had another lump like the first one but this was on the back of my neck. The doctor cut it out and said it was a lipoma and the first lump probably was too. He left a large deep scar.

She's Lump she's Lump!
    She's in my head.