Lunar Knights / Boktai

Discussion in 'Games' started by Agilus, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Agilus macrumors regular

So, am I the only one who likes these games? I hear very little about them, but I've enjoyed them immensely, even since the first Boktai. The solar sensor bit could be inconvenient, because I'd mostly play at night, but otherwise they had a fun story and interesting gameplay.

I've noticed that the new Lunar Knights game for DS has a similar gameplay and graphical feel, but the production values have gone way up (e.g. the animated cut scenes). I'm pretty into it right now.

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I liked Lunar Knights a lot but I found it surprisingly short, even after spending a few hours grinding for cash and materials to upgrade weapons, this is at most a 20 hours game. (Unless my experience of the game was not representative?) The game mechanics were interesting (2 characters, weather, time of day).

3. Agilus thread starter macrumors regular

Oh. I've only started playing it (about 2 hours in). I'll have to see how long it takes me to get through it. I don't know how long the two previous games were, but they didn't feel too short to me. *shrug*

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Don't let it bother you. It will be a short ride but a very fun one. ;)

You can collect multiple weapons for each of the 2 characters but I ended up using the same 2. Maybe I'll give it another run next year and try a different combination.

Edit: I also just realized that I could find only one of the optional quests. Maybe I'll pick it up and search a little more. (If I can pry my hands away from Rogue Galaxy long enough)

5. Agilus thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. :) I did some of the optional stuff in previous games, so I'll probably end up doing some this time around, too.

Rogue Galaxy looks pretty cool. Eventually I'll have to play all those great PS2 games I've missed out on. :)