Lunchboxes - how does MacRumors bring food to work?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

I am currently in the market for a lunchbox, as a university student who spends many, many hours in studio without access to eating out as much as he'd like.

I need a lunchbox that keeps my hot food hot, and my cold food cold.

Price is not a consideration, but not trying to be ridiculous. Any suggestions?

And also, how does MacRumors bring food to work?

2. macrumors 65816

Mousse

Is this the part where I joke about keeping my hot soup and ice cream in the same cooler?:p I doubt it'd be practical for a student, but I use one of those 1 gallon Igloo coolers. Having a place to keep my cooler and lugging it around ain't an issue.

I've seen infomercials for the Packit cooler. I've never tried it, but it has good reviews on Amazon. Price ain't bad either.

3. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

If I'm ever able to remember (or motivate myself) to bring my lunch, I usually just toss it into an old Walmart grocery sack and bring it with me.

4. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    The PackIt is excellent for the cold stuff. Have been using one for a year now. Just have to remember to stick it in the freezer when I get home.

A thermos should work for hot food.

5. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I go to my kitchen and make something. But I work from home sooooooooo... probably not helpful to your situation.

6. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

7. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Same for me.

8. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

It looks like we eat at the same place. I never see you there though. Must always just miss you. :p

9. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm a late eater. ;)

10. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Sorry if I ever ate one of your sandwiches on accident. I didn't see anybody else in the building. I'll make sure to write my name on stuff.

11. macrumors 68020

R94N

12. macrumors 6502

JoshMKB24

I have an Igloo mini cooler. I bring a lot of stuff though. I bring lunch, drinks, some snacks, etc. Trying to eat healthy in a corporate environment isn't always easy! I usually bring a few chicken breasts, some vegetables, some brown rice, and maybe a coconut water.

13. Guest

My graduate program gave us insulated softside lunch bags. Keeps my hot stuff hot and my cold stuff cold.

Back in the day, I used Arctic Zone when I was serious about my school lunch. :p