Lundehunds???

Discussion in 'Community' started by spikeovsky, Jan 14, 2005.

1. spikeovsky macrumors member

spikeovsky

All right, so I was browsing the OmniGroup website, and came across the "Pet Testimonials" at the bottom of this page. They are all rather silly, but I was particularly intrigued by the testimonial of the dog "Oslo".

So I did a quick Google search, and it turns out that Oslo's claims are true! These dogs actually can bend their heads back 180 degrees, they can close their ears, and they have six toes on each foot.

More info here.

While reading that site, I saw this photo and was unable to stop giggling for about 10 minutes:

[​IMG]

:eek:

Has anyone ever seen or had one of these dogs? They sound fantastic!

2. joetronic macrumors 6502

I had a neighboor a few years ago in Canton that had one. They are so sweet, and some of most lovable dogs I can think of. And yes, the paws do look funny

3. spikeovsky thread starter macrumors member

spikeovsky

My reaction exactly. And I'm sure what joetronic says is true; they'd have to be sweet and lovable if they let you do what they're doing to that dog in the photo :)

I just love the name. Lundehund. Lundehund Lundehund Lundehund.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Cute little buggers... :D

Dogs are just the best companions, always happy to see you. I can't wait to get home to mine tonight and be able to spend the weekend with him.

5. spikeovsky thread starter macrumors member

spikeovsky

Awww... no fair! My dog's about 2000km away, and won't see him for another two weeks at least.

6. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Yeah, seen them.

I think the right translation would be Lunde-dog, since hund=dog.

Also, Oslo is the capital city in Norway...

7. spikeovsky thread starter macrumors member

spikeovsky

Well, I think we can still say "Lundehund" - Hund is dog in German, too, and we don't translate "Dachshund" as Dachs-dog. Weiner dog, maybe...

We could call them Puffin Dogs, but "Lundehund" just sounds so much better. :)