Luther Vandross Dies...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by FoxyKaye, Jul 1, 2005.

1. emw macrumors G4

emw

Very sad - he was only 54. I guess he never fully recovered from his stroke a couple of years back. :(

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Scary news. It makes you wonder how much time anyone has. At least, he found success in his music.

3. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Never much listened to his music, but the man was damn good at what he did.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. Thank you for the music. :(

5. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

He was a great man with a great voice. RIP Luther.

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

He truly will be missed. It goes to show you how quickly things can change. One day, you're perfectly fine, the next day, you have a stroke which shortens your life and impacts it tremendously. That's why you have to live life to it's fullest and appreciate every day. Life is short.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I read the articles and couldn't figure out what exactly he died of. It was somehow related to the stroke, but what actually killed him?

It's very sad... I don't know much about him personally, but he was a magnificant singer.

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Oh my God!!!

Just a few hours ago I downloaded the song "Dance with my father" beacuse my dad died two weeks ago and I listened to it on the radio and wanted to send it to my mother for her to know how I feel, is an incredible song.

I didn't know the guy until today when I saw his name as the writter of the song and now I open CNN and I see he died!!! I just knew about him a few minutes ago and I came here to place the news and it was already posted.

How bad I got to know about him just now, so sad :(

9. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Not too familiar with him, but sad nonetheless. Such a young age too.

RIP.

mymemory, also sorry to hear about the loss of your dad :(

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I downloaded it tonight and just listened to it. Gave me chills, honestly. From CNN:

"Of 'Dance With My Father,' he once said that title song 'was very emotional for me and, yes, it is based on my own experience.

'It's not just about losing one's father, but about missing someone who is gone -- for whatever reason -- and the longing you feel for that moment in the past when you were together,' he said."

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

It is definitely tragic that he passed away at such a young age, but keep in mind that a leading contributor to his stroke was his constant battle with his weight. His weight problems were ultimately what led to his stroke, and as the article states, he never really recovered afterwards. Just another example of why it is so important to be conscious of one's health and to take care of oneself - without your health, you have nothing.

Rest in peace Mr. Vandross, you will be missed...

12. iGary Guest

iGary

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I just heard this a little while ago. I knew he had some problems with his weight, but this is still kinda shocking. I was a big fan, he will be missed. :(

14. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

15. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~