luv my 23" display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by prevacidman, Apr 25, 2006.

1. prevacidman macrumors member

...it got here yesterday. Does anybody know if you can drag PS element 4.0 over onto it from the MBP. So far I can only get the image I have opened into the MBP.

2. shoe11 macrumors member

Congrats on the monitor.

By chance are you aware of the pink-tint issue? Do you notice this issue with the panel you just received. Hopefully you do not.

~shoe

3. erickg macrumors 6502

I'm assuming you mean that you want to use it as your main screen when it's connected (i.e. with all menus on the 23" screen). If this is the case, just go into system preferences>displays. You should see two blue screens, one with a white bar at the top, which should be the smaller MBP screen, and one without. Drag the white bar to the other screen and then open up elements.

Hope this helps!

4. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

5. prevacidman thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the display setup advice...works perfectly. I didn't notice any pink tint...is this a problem on some displays?

6. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

That's the exact setup I hope to be sporting early next year. How do you like the screen space on the 23"? Did you consider the 30", I know I am at the moment...

7. shoe11 macrumors member

Yes it's been an issue regarding the 23" for some time. If you check out the Apple support discussion board for displays you will find lots of posts regarding the issue. It would seem though that the most recent batches of displays are not having as many problems as the early ones did. Hopefully your's will not.

~Shoe

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i got one too recently, no pink tinge at all, it's a kick ass display

i'll go take a pic now

5 mins latter:

[​IMG]

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Very nice Hector! Those ACDs are drop dead gorgeous. I can not wait to replace my 19" trinitron with one of those babies! :D

10. prevacidman thread starter macrumors member

23 vs 30

I love the 23 but the 30 is ideal if you got the $$$$. I have a 20inch g5 mac 2 year old and this 23 is a big difference. This is my wife's new kitten, TOBY!

Attached Files:

11. prevacidman thread starter macrumors member

another view

desk is a little cluttered!

Attached Files:

12. prevacidman thread starter macrumors member

looking up

love it!

Attached Files:

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i probably would of got a 30" but alas my g4 cube has no dual link dvi port.

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

The 30" ACD is very nice, but a tad expensive in my opinion. I thought about buying one, but I don't really need a screen that large. :)

15. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

yeah, i think it would be weird to have one of those on your desk, across the room would be cool (you could use it as a TV too), but on a desk, i think it would be a little overwhelming. congrats on the 23" model, i think you picked the best of the bunch