Luxury iPad/Macbook Bags?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Josh Kahane, Apr 24, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome these look great as well. I need a space for my iPad but as for Macbook space thats really just for future proofing, space for a 15" would be nice.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 6502a

Mismo Stamina Bag

[​IMG]

Filson Padded Computer Bag

[​IMG]

Mismo Utility Bag

[​IMG]

Cherchbi Archive Messenger

[​IMG]

or the Satchel that can hold a 13"

[​IMG]

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Very nice! Im having to re-evaluate my choice, as ended up ordering a Marshall Bergman 15" Theo bag but it turns out is bloody HUGE, impractically so.

It is however incredibly good quality so I am considering the Marshall Bergman Corbin (Leather), so a smaller, more portable version would seem much more suitable in most situations and not be just a drag to wear. (See it here.)

7. macrumors 6502

Idgit

8. macrumors 68030

9. macrumors newbie

10. macrumors newbie

Joseph P. Marcellino Co.

saddleback is good bag if your outdoors or just hanging out at a bar but not a good office or professional looking bag. I have a Joseph P. Marcellino Co. 16" with 2 sections that is part of his Darwin collection. it is about the same price as Sb but looks much more professional, handmade in NY with much better leather quality. My wife has a mulberry that she purchased for $2500 and the JPM compares to that leather. you should also check out the Westminister from Swaine Adney briggs, same bridle leather but from England and more expensive.

http://jpmarcellino.com
    http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/leather/document_cases/index.html

Dunhil has a great satchel, no shoulder strap
    http://www.dunhill.com/the-shop/leather/bags-and-luggage/l3l984r/london-triple-satchel-bordeaux

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. macrumors 68030

"good for a bar...." ridiculous...my saddleback thin brief has done many boardroom meetings with great accolades by associates.....just depends on what you want...

12. macrumors newbie

fair enough. i guess you could take a plastic bag to a meeting and get comments. what comes out of the mouth and impressions in ones head are 2 different things. im not saying by any means an SB bag is not appropriate in office meetings, im saying that an executive would "most likely" not be in a meeting with a SB bag. they are just not as finished as a Dunhill or Swaine.

13. macrumors 68030

"saddleback is good bag if your outdoors or just hanging out at a bar but not a good office or professional looking bag. "

yes you are...don't back peddle now....

totally sanctimonious....IMO....carry on and dictate fashion, we're all ears.......

14. macrumors newbie

lighten up, im being sarcastic. its fashion, who cares. im not "dictating'" or being "sanctimonious". im just giving my stupid opinion. Your quoting me like i was Einstein.

But i still stand behind my main point, which i don't necessarily like, in the business world impression is everything. I think that rustic leather type bags don't make the same impression as calf or bridle leather bags. like i said, its my stupid opinion, take what you want from it. this is the way the world runs, for good or bad. The impression of driving in a BMW is not the same as a hyundai as is true with a saddleback and a coach bag.

if your in a professional environment and you could careless what people are saying, than power to the people, do what you want, but in my stupid world, advancement runs on impression and even a tie or socks can say a lot of a person.

15. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Stop the bickering - Please stay on the topic without having the discussion take on a personal tone.

16. macrumors 6502

I love the bags and cases these guys make.
    http://www.hardgraft.com/

"Executive" cases are great - if you want to look like an extra from American Psycho. :rolleyes:

17. macrumors newbie

18. macrumors newbie

Glen E,
    saddlebacks alright. Little too simple
    and not made in the USA.

I prefer stuff made in the USA

19. macrumors 68030

good for you.....

20. dallaslane, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

macrumors newbie

Bags

Hi, I would suggest you for this Buy Bags Online.
    Here you may get all types of branded products.:)
    bye.Tell us your opinions.

21. macrumors newbie

well most of the stuff made in America,
    is usually higher quality and/or handmade...
    the qualities a lot better imo

22. Giuly, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

macrumors 68040

Giuly

23. macrumors newbie

got it on sale, insane price

i just wanted to update, i got this bag on sale the other day, almost half price. they said it was a sample model but it has nothing wrong with it. i already own their Darwin bag and that is great for when you need something big, but this honen 478 is a medium size briefcase. it fits my mac book perfectly. with no sleeve!!! the thick English bridle leather this is made from is more than enough protection. believe it or not it is also very light. like i said i got it on sale $250, i doubt he has anymore but you could try.

Attached Files:

24. macrumors 6502

nice

man that Dunhill has my vote love the leather and the look of that satchel

25. macrumors newbie

yes +1