LWFN Fonts

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by kitki83, Nov 14, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

I did a search on "LWFN" and I got a post which a person had similar experience but his solution I did not understand. Is there a way to install LWFN fonts since my Font Book does not seem to recognize them or allow me to install them.

Thank You

2. Moderator emeritus

No, because apparently it's only one part of what is needed.

http://www.asy.com/fonts.htm

It's not often that you'll see these extensions/properties on fonts... these files are next to useless by themselves.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah seems like my company to use old fonts instead of more modern type (not referring to style but format)

BUT OMFG that site rocks!!!

Edit: tested out what the site recommended and yet the font is not being recognized

Does Anyone know how install these fonts

4. macrumors newbie

Solution

You will need to use the 'DD Expander" to change the LWFN into a bitmap file if it is still condensed.
    Then you will need to use both the bitmap and true type font that should be with it in the same file. I was able to use this font only on my older system 9 computer(back up computer). Since I do not have system 9 on my G4(os10.4) I was not able to try these fonts on the newer os system. If you have os9 and something like a extensis suitcase 9 you should be able to load LWFN fonts into your system.