lyrics out of a song?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by laidbackliam, Sep 18, 2006.

1. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2006
    i know its possible, and i've done it before, just don't remember how to do it.

i want to take the music from the bud light "real men of genius" commercials, and then my friend and i are going to perform them. if you could help, i'd appreciate it!
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    This is extremely difficult to do without access to the original multi-track recording, but there are some tricks you can try that will work to some extent on certain files. Try this link for one method to try.
  3. Oreckel macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2006
    I've got another question on this topic...

Suppose I have a song, and in the very beginning there is background music playing with no words. Right after that, a voice kicks in with the exact same background music (I'm very sure). Is there any way to do a 'diff', if you will, between those two sections to build a 'profile' of what the singer's voice sounds like? And then that can be used to extract the singer from later sections in the song?

I have Audition 1.5 if that helps, but I haven't seen any way to do this. I guess I'm just wondering if it's technically possible.
  4. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

Jul 28, 2006
    you can't.....without the master copy. If it is a cd or mp3 file all the tracks are mixed in your can't mix them.
  5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    If you have Quicktime Pro you can view the movie in Quicktime player and then Export the audio track only to .WAV or .AIFF. That would do the trick wouldn't it?
  6. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

Jul 28, 2006
    I think he just wants the words no background music.