Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
So I see that lyrics should be available so I went to look. Of course I didn't see any because none of my songs have lyrics embedded. Now why would Apple promote lyrics within music when they don't provide them with their own purchased music?

joshforman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2012
So I see that lyrics should be available so I went to look. Of course I didn't see any because none of my songs have lyrics embedded. Now why would Apple promote lyrics within music when they don't provide them with their own purchased music?
I think they provide lyrics for Apple Music tracks

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
So are you using the final version of iOS 10? If it is the beta version, perhaps you should expect things NOT to work fully yet. You even go as far as calling it misleading, that is just ridiculous, it is a BETA complain when the full version is released and the problem persists.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
This is their new way to show you lyrics.
First 3D Touch a song. I do it in search result, because doing the same thing in album yields nothing.
2dbcaf88fa960572536cfd924a382829.png

Then tap "lyrics". And here we go.
0b30ccf1f1f0231d25ee4861b2f2f088.png

Available in iOS 10 beta 3.
Personally speaking I love this way more than "scrolling down" in "now playing".

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
So are you using the final version of iOS 10? If it is the beta version, perhaps you should expect things NOT to work fully yet. You even go as far as calling it misleading, that is just ridiculous, it is a BETA complain when the full version is released and the problem persists.
No one would be able to use final version of iOS 10 right now.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I don't think you understood what I was saying.
Apple doesn't provide (as of the 2500 purchased and matched songs that I have) lyrics with their music. With that in mind it wouldn't matter if I was using the release version (douche comment btw) because the songs don't have them embedded. I can see how this will be rectified with Apple Music but they would have to update their whole music library to include this and then my downloaded music would have to be re-matched.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I don't think you understood what I was saying.
Apple doesn't provide (as of the 2500 purchased and matched songs that I have) lyrics with their music. With that in mind it wouldn't matter if I was using the release version (douche comment btw) because the songs don't have them embedded. I can see how this will be rectified with Apple Music but they would have to update their whole music library to include this and then my downloaded music would have to be re-matched.
Is this an Apple issue or an issue that needs to be resolved by the content provider (record label)? I think the providers are responsible for delivering lyrics in iTunes Producer when they upload music to the iTunes Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.