M-Audio delta 66 conected to my new iMac?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Heksolson, Aug 22, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Heksolson

Dear apple users, hello, my name is Danny from Mexico City and I have just switched to the mac because, basically, I understand it as more artistic as the pc´s...

Well, I am a musician and need to record demos constantly, which I do on my pc but I want to do on my new iMac! :)

I have an audio interphase called M-audio delta 66 but as for today and after spending days searching for answers, I have not discovered how it can be connected to my new iMac --named Kari-- and this is mainly because I don´t understand yet how the audio jacks works on the iMac and can´t figure out how can the m-audio hardware card be connected to the iMac... is this possible?

What can you tell me dear mac users and new friends? What would you recommend me?

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE! :)

2. macrumors regular

The m audio card that you have is a PCI interface. iMacs don't have them. You need an audio system that connects via firewire or USB.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Heksolson

:rolleyes: Well, thanks a lot my friend, I guess I would have to buy some new interface then... do you have any suggestion?

It is great to have this forum! and I am going to ask you another basic question... How do I remove programs? Thanks!!:D