M-audio Delta Audiophile 2496 -- any users?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MattG, Jan 19, 2004.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I just got one of these cards and I'm having a problem. I've got a set of speakers connected to this thing (Klipsch), and I'm getting really bad noise every so often. So far I've only heard it happen when I'm using iTunes. I don't know how to describe it, other than to say that it's a loud, static-like noise. It goes away if I pause the music then hit "play" again. It happens every time I use it, at random intervals. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions as to how I can go about fixing this?

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    what OS are you using, and did you download the latest driver?

3. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

10.3.2, and yes, downloaded the most recent driver.

4. tripswitch macrumors newbie

Seen that once, re installed the drivers and it went away, but that was under OS 9.2.1 on a G3. Normally they just work.
    Try the drivers thing, if not, they have a lifetime warranty and M Audio are normally pretty quick fixing them.

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

i haven't experienced this (im using 10.2.8), i'd try emailing M-audio.. or possibly Klipsch.

6. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Thanks for the responses guys...

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not the speakers. I had the speakers plugged in using the headphone-out jack on the Mac, and I never had this problem. And anyway, so far at least, it's only when using iTunes that I've had this problem. I played with Garageband for like an hour or so the other day and didn't experience the problem once. Not sure what's going on.

I already emailed tech support at M-Audio, Friday actually. Haven't heard anything back yet.

7. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

hmm.. maybe there's a setting that's causing it in that control panel.. forgot what they call it... hopefully they get back to you. If i think of anything ill post.