M Audio Fast Track, Garageband and Me (Help)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by boxmonster, Feb 24, 2005.

1. boxmonster macrumors newbie

Okay, first off I am a complete computer novice. I recently acquired both Garageband and the M Audio Fast Track.

Now, for some reason, I can NOT get a stereo signal from my guitars. When I set up Real Instrument, it's on Ch1 and 2 Stereo. My Soundsticks work fine the rest of the time. Only the right channel gives any output.

When I record in mono on the Ch 2, both speakers work fine. In contrast, when I try Ch 1 mono, no sound comes out.

The stereo button on the Fast Track itself is in the right place. What am I overlooking?

2. robshakir macrumors newbie

boxmonster,

I'm not sure if I've understood your problem correctly, but a guitar/bass output is generally not stereo, unless you're using something such as the headphone output on your amplifier. You'll need to record your instruments in mono.

Rob

3. boxmonster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responding.

Okay, how do I record guitar? Because I've recorded it in Mono Channel 2, and when I play it back, it only plays back in the right channel. All levels are set correctly. Plus, why doesn't Mono Channel 1 work at all?

Off to work.