Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
Hi all,

I just noticed that m audio just posted some driver updates for a few midi boards including mine, a Radium 49. Sweetness.

As of the time of this post, the home page does not reflect this, so just search out your keyboard in the Drivers section.

I was wondering if anyone has had a successful run with the new drivers. I bought Leopard as soon as it came out (like an ass) and haven't been able to use it due to lack of drivers for my keyboard. I have been very (very) satisfied with Tiger, but would like to go ahead and make the switch. I don't have the capacity right now to install Leopard on a separate drive and boot from that, so please let me know if any of you have tried out the new drivers. Thanks!

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Wee Beastie said:
Hi all,

I just noticed that m audio just posted some driver updates for a few midi boards including mine, a Radium 49. Sweetness.

As of the time of this post, the home page does not reflect this, so just search out your keyboard in the Drivers section.

I was wondering if anyone has had a successful run with the new drivers. I bought Leopard as soon as it came out (like an ass) and haven't been able to use it due to lack of drivers for my keyboard. I have been very (very) satisfied with Tiger, but would like to go ahead and make the switch. I don't have the capacity right now to install Leopard on a separate drive and boot from that, so please let me know if any of you have tried out the new drivers. Thanks!

My Axiom 49 works just fine with standard compliant drivers in Leopard and Reason 4. No drivers needed.
_

peace | neut

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

My Axiom 49 works just fine with standard compliant drivers in Leopard and Reason 4. No drivers needed.
_

peace | neut

Nice!

Alas mine does seem to require drivers. It did for Tiger and it does for Leopard (found out the hard way as always! I actually installed Leopard and the reverted back to Tiger).

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
yep. so i don't know if anyone cares, but I just installed Leopard and the drivers for the Radium 49 seem to be working just fine. it apparently supports all of these fun things:
• Keystation 49 and 61
• MIDISPORT 1x1, 2x2, 2x4, 4x4, and 8x8
• MobilePre USB
• Oxygen8
• Ozone
• Radium
• Sonica
• Transit USB
• Uno
it's nice because it seems like m-audio took their sweet time getting ready for vista.
tata for now

btbam05

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
Axiom 49 problem

I have the axiom 49 as well and just bought a macbook pro. Is it possible to get it working with leopard? I saw one of you guys said something about drivers are required. Do you have those? I can't get my midi i/o to even open for some reason.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
I have the axiom 49 as well and just bought a macbook pro. Is it possible to get it working with leopard? I saw one of you guys said something about drivers are required. Do you have those? I can't get my midi i/o to even open for some reason.

From m-audio.com ... (Axiom 49)

This device is class compliant and does not require driver support for OS X.
_

btbam05

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
I already checked their website. The axiom doesn't have updated drivers for leopard.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
I already checked their website. The axiom doesn't have updated drivers for leopard.

Something else is wrong. As stated clearly on m-audio.com ... the Axiom does not require drivers for use with OS X Leopard. My MIDI utility recognizes the AXIOM. the only other M-Audio app. I have installed is Enigma.
_

btbam05

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
are you able to open the midi i/o? when I open it, it says that failed to launch midi server. I dont have the ability to even add or delete any devices and i think because of that is why reason 4 wont open, it says that it failed to open midi support library.

the-whiterabbit

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
Axiom 61 problem after update

hey guys, i'm new to this forum, i'm having a problem with my axiom 61 midi controller, now ever since i've had my macbookpro running tiger everything has worked fine.

However i recently downloaded the update for my intel based mac, the firmware update, and now all of a sudden my axiom is nolonger recognized when i plug in the usb cable.

in my audio/midi setup when i scan for midi, nothing appears?

any ideas

thanks

savvyjake

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Axiom 49 on a new MacBook Pro

My beloved G4 died a horrible death. Got a new MacBook Pro with Leopard on it. Reason works fine. Even ProTools is working fine with the patch that came out a few days ago. Just upgraded my Oxygen 8 to an Axiom 49, but it's acting really weird - Reason recognizes the actual keyboard keys, but only certain knobs and sliders and not others. Plus, on the knobs and sliders it does recognize, it registers their numbers all wrong - knob 6 shows as knob 13, when I only have 8 knobs!

Any ideas? The M-Audio site keeps telling me I have no problem, like some kind of weak Jedi mind trick. I'm due for a studio gig in a few days, please help!

Thanks!

Savvy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.