Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acoustica

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
Washington, USA
I'm looking to purchase a quality MIDI/Audio Controller and audio card to supplement my new PowerBook. Anyone have experiences with either of these two items? If so, how do you like them and would you recommend them? Thanks!

Acoustica

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
Washington, USA
Now I'm Confused

I was looking at the specs for the Ozone and it says here:

"built-in 2 x 2 24-bit/96kHz audio interface"

Does this mean I don't need to invest in the Echo Indigo because the Ozone provides the 24-bit/96kHz I need for high quality sound i/o?

TryThisBacon

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2004
buy a digidesign mbox, comes with pro tools, get reason, maudio oxygen8, youre good to go on your radio cold gettin paid cause rick said so

legion

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Acoustica said:
I was looking at the specs for the Ozone and it says here:

"built-in 2 x 2 24-bit/96kHz audio interface"

Does this mean I don't need to invest in the Echo Indigo because the Ozone provides the 24-bit/96kHz I need for high quality sound i/o?

Yes, you don't need the Indigo if you get the Ozone.

That being said, I love my Indigo. Excellent sound and a really high S/N level (the soundfloor is really low)

I try to stay away from Digidesign as much as possible. The mBox is a hardware key for ProTools LE more than anything else. The hardware features on it are less than stellar and it feels cheap. When I need to use ProTools, I move over to a HD Accel rig with TDM, but on a laptop, I don't want that mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.