M-AUDIO SONICA THEATRE on VLC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sAmBaL BeLaCaN, Nov 27, 2004.

1. sAmBaL BeLaCaN macrumors member

Hi guys...
    I just bought a set of M-Audio Sonica Theatre from Apple retail. Can't wait to see the luscious effect of what VLC could deliver of their DTS facility, I tried a DVD movie 'Troy' and 'The Day After Tomorrow'.

Both of them are fine to playback from Apple's normal DVD player. But when i tried from VLC media player (0.8.1), there are no sound at all, although the setting are already in M-audio. The picture works fine without any sound.

And when I tried to switch them into a normal option, suddenly the computer hang and it could lead to crashed.

Do you have any idea how to turn the sound effect carried by M-audio processor (Not the one from normal Apple line out)...?

Cheerz...!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Considering that M-Audio commissioned a change to VLC so it would send the digital output to sonica, I would hope that someone would have added DTS output, too.

You should be able to use the Audio menu to access the audio equipment list and select sonica/sonica theater AAC digital, even if DTS output is not available.

3. sAmBaL BeLaCaN thread starter macrumors member

Yeah right..!?!

Hi bousozoku,

Yeah..you are right.. VLC 0.8.0 - 0.8.1 ,they didn't serve a DTS format. But, I'm still holding a VLC 0.7.2 ,so it still can play DTS playback.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Something strange happened with version 0.8.x anyway. Whatever they've changed as made it less useful, although for me, this has been a trend with each new release. The last download I did turned out to be a Japanese language release, even though I have Japanese selected as my 2nd language preference behind English. :)