M box causing Garageband & Reason to crash

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bhino, Apr 4, 2004.

1. bhino macrumors newbie

I am running M box on 10.3.3 (G4,1G,512 ram), Garageband & Reason keep crashing. My ProTools is 6.2.3 and works fine...any ideas what is going on?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not certain that PTLE is supported on osx 10.3.3 yet. i think the latest supported is 10.3.2.

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

PTLE running fine on my 17 PB under 10.3.3 ;) :D

Have you repaired permission? Are you using the latest version Digi's core audio?

Check out OSXaudio.com

I run PT and Reason together with ReWire with no problems, and GB is fine as long as I don't try to use Altiverb as a track plug-in :eek:

4. bhino thread starter macrumors newbie

m box & garage band problems

I am not familar with the phrase, "Have you repaired permission". I am also not sure whether or not I have the latest version of digi core audio either. All I know at this point is, Garageband works fine with out the m box hooked up, and crashes when it is hooked up, even if just playing a song that i had written prior to using m box. But I will look into the permission thing and the core audio version. ProTools itself seems to play the demo ok without crashing, i haven't actually used this software yet to record. And Reason works fine, again, unless the M-box is hooked up, and then it crashes just on playback.

Thanks to both responders for your help.

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Open the disc utility app in your utilities folder, click on your boot drive and hit repair permission, once it's finished, restart your Mac. You should do this at least once a week and after you have installed any software of note.

Go to the Digi website and download the latest version of the Core Audio app, then run it and make sure GB is in the list, you'll need to select M-box iin GB's preferences as well.

Both Reason and GB play fine through my M-box.