M$ copying apple AGAIN

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SilvorX, Oct 14, 2002.

1. macrumors 68000

SilvorX

hereeeeeee we go again, M$ is now copying apple's "switch" campaign with a new campaign of their own...about time for apple to take some action against this..i dunno if this has already been posted already tho

Mac to PC M$ Site

2. macrumors G4

Well all this says is that Apple is a legitimate threat to Microsoft right now.
    Looks like the Switch campaign is doing some damage.:D

3. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

ROFL! The cheek of it! :rolleyes: :p

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

as soon as m$'s switch commercials are on tv, apple should make fun of m$'s switch commercials, n the m$ switch commercials will probably be lame anyways (n talking bout the era of mac II n such n not about the current era of macs lol)

5. macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I was a little worried she was gonna have more problems, but as soon as I read that her 'broadband cable' was compatible, I breathed a sigh of relief.

6. macrumors 6502a

ROFL :D

7. macrumors 6502a

Vector

Is it just me or does the page not load. I get a page that says it doesnt exist.

8. macrumors 603

"Sorry, there is no Microsoft.com web page matching your request. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about Microsoft services and products."

Likewise, Vector.

>I was a little worried she was gonna have more problems, but as soon as I read that her 'broadband cable' was compatible, I breathed a sigh of relief.

As soon as I found out that Microsoft, the company supporting imitations like this, removed their web page, I breathed a really big sigh of relief. :rolleyes:^2

9. macrumors 68040

Seems they chickened out and pulled it.

10. macrumors 6502a

11. macrumors 6502a

12. macrumors 6502a

hehehe... looks like someone at cupertino got onto them!

From C|NET Tech News:
    click here for more...

13. macrumors 65816

G5orbust

haha i saw one of those commercials. Pitiful really. They cant even get it down. I mean, you can literally see the cuecards in their eyes. I guess Micro$oft really views the apple switch commercials a threat.

HAHA, bravo apple, you made Bill "Money Bags" Gates get nervious.

Keep going.. you may actually win this long fight with your uber catchy products and willingness to take hit and keep on going. Hats off to you, Mr. Jobs, may you bring down the titan which has dominated this world for far too long.

14. macrumors 68040

mac15

its not there anymore even on google

15. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

www.news.com made an announcement a little while ago saying MS had killed the ad.

16. Retired

jefhatfield

why does a company with ninety five percent market share even bother to attack apple...are they that mean? apple market share is going down, not up!

also, doesn't microsoft make money off of office 2001 and office for os x?

ms is the second biggest developer of mac software in the world, so it does not help ms to attack apple

they should be more concerned about linux, while growing big at first, linux is still a threat because their base grows bigger slowly but surely every month

17. macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Picture from internet database

Indeed, Google has it, but this is even worse:
    The picture from the site was taken from an Internet database:
    Getty Images

Ow man.

k.

18. macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Re: Picture from internet database

It seems like there are problems with clicking the URL. Well, then I will give them this way; it will be copy and paste.

Google URL:
    http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:JmwQcVoG-ucJ:www.microsoft.com/insider/opsystems/windowsxp_setup.asp+windowsxp_setup.asp&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Image URL:
    http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/search/detail.asp?source=searchResults&imageIndex=10&hdnSync=%22One+Woman+Only%3AOnly+Women%22+and+%22Coffee%3AHot+Drink%22~0%2C12%2C449%2C3%2C15%2C1%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C12287%2C0%2C1%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Cen-us%2C1%2C%22One+Woman+Only%3AOnly+Women%22+and+%22Coffee%3AHot+Drink%22%2C389%2C257%2C1%2C&hdnCurrPage=4

k.

19. thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

its just really stupid that m$ paid one of their employees to talk about switching...

20. macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I would probably stick my neck out and say that the one advantage of a windows PC is the availability of more software in certain areas. There are certainly more games and home user applications such as garden designer programs. You're more likely to find software for connecting things like mobile phones and card readers as well.

However, if I was Microsoft I wouldn't demonstrate this 'software flexibility' by saying that they can use Internet Explorer and Office which are both available for the Mac.

That is so stupid its unbelievable!

Just my 2p.

Dobbin.

21. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Don't you feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeally sorry for poor Microsoft? They must have searched far and wide, but they couldn't find a real user who switched from Mac OS to Windows. Awwwwwwwwww.

22. thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

lol u can say that again