M$ getting slam-danced by judge

Discussion in 'Community' started by AlphaTech, Jun 13, 2002.

1. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I just found an article here about the antitrust case and m$...

The first paragraph goes as such...

Judge rules against Microsoft motion to dismiss
    By Nancy Weil, IDG News Service
    June 13, 2002 7:00 am ET

A U.S. District Court judge Wednesday denied Microsoft Corp.'s motion that she dismiss the antitrust case of nine states and the District of Columbia against the software maker, ruling that the company has no legal basis to seek the dismissal.

2. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

kinda makes you wonder weather thw Judge used Windoze or Mac.
    :D :D :D :D :D

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Hopefully that request pisses off the judge for the rest of the trial. :D

4. AlphaTech thread starter macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Aye, it would be nice if that set the mood of the rest of the trial... m$ should give up now while they don't look too bad (or any worse then they already do). I really hope that the judge bends billy-boy gates over and shafts him as bad as m$ has been shafting the rest of the world all those years... :D

Makes what Apple has done in the past look damned smart... stay small and under the DOJ's radar ;):D :eek:

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...

can u say boo hoo?!

I say get over it...Apple is looking pretty damned good right about now I'd say... ;)

now if they could only get some contracts for exclusive Macintosh using...

6. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Hmmmm. So microsoft are less that completely honest with their statements. What a surprise ;)

They've got so much in liquid assets, they'll probably just buy the judge! j/k :D

7. kevinibook macrumors member

Too bad that the District Appeals court accepted M$'s appeal against the first ruling which ordered the break-up of the company.

8. kevinibook macrumors member

Their share price since Jan 2000 has gone from 130 $ max to 55 $. :p that gotta suck for any MSFT shareholder. :)

9. kevinibook macrumors member

When the company was meant to be broken up, a lot of ppl sold their MSFT stock.
    Micro$oft will probably even if they win end up paying a huge bill for lawyer's fees. hehe.

10. iGav macrumors G3

Let's just hope that the US justice system and it's amazingly endless appeal avenues actually does something to stop Microsoft taking the p*ss this time!!:rolleyes:

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

It was just a motion to dismiss. There's still a long, long way to go before this is resolved.

12. iGav macrumors G3

I was fearing that it would........ :(

So when are we likely to see Microsoft take some form of punishment??

13. AlphaTech thread starter macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Probably right after we get people in charge that cannot be bribed... Which should be about the same time that hell freezes over. Sad to say, but I think people expect m$ to weasel their way out of this... after all, they ARE an evil empire. :p :D

14. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

IMHO, having this draw out as long as possible is as bad a punishment as what will eventually be ordered by the Court. I mean, the stock's plummetted, and can't rebound with the uncertainty of this decision looming over the company.

Once the decision is entered, investors will then know what the damage is, and will be able to invest accordingly.

15. iGav macrumors G3

So it's unlikely Windows is going to be withdrawn from sale then........ :(

Or the company being split in mini-me's........ :p

Do you guys think we could be talking years yet then until a decision is made??

16. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

2004 would be a good year for windows to be taken off the shelves!

I know apple already brought out the 20th aniversary mac, even though it was to celebrate 20 years of apple's existence as far as I know.

Maybe a 20th aniversary PowerMac to mark the day apple lost that pain in their market share :)

Okay, it's never gonna happen but no one likes microsoft, not even PC people I know. I'd be good to see a pro-Apple judge who orders them to compensate apple for cloning both mac os and NeXT Step and then give them royalties to the value of every copy of windows sold since 1985!