M&M and Moby confrontation at VMA...

Discussion in 'Community' started by krossfyter, Aug 30, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Just watchin the 'opening' of the VMA's on MTV UK, the awards themselves don't start till 22:00, and it's only 20:55 at the moment :(

3. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

oh okay.... dont read the link though.. it will spoil the show! ha. but i warn you... its nasty.

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    eminem

what a putz....the guys got so much attitude and NO TALENT...

and i think the last time i called someone " a girl" as an insult was in 2nd grade...how articulate...about as good as his rapping.

i'm not a big moby fan but i will say that moby has more talent in his foreskin than eminem will ever have.

and normally i'm a pacifist but it won't break my heart when em, tupak and BIG form a trio...if you catch my drift.:)

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ahh, would've liked to have seen it... the story doesn't do it justice i'm sure

oh wait, mtv will air it another 50 times this weekend alone....

moby's cool. not big on his music though. like him more as a person. from what i know about him

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

WOW! What an opening act from JF! Outstanding!
    But...WTF does wacko Jacko look like :eek:

7. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

oh, and BTW

nice face-lift axel rose.....:rolleyes:

he now looks like carrot-top...

and yes, he still CAN'T sing.

8. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: oh, and BTW

true dat...

but did you catch the guy with the bucket on his head ...thier guitarist.... guys name is "BUCKETHEAD" . he is one of the most genius overlooked guitarist of our times.

9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

Re: Re: oh, and BTW

i love buckethead..anyone who wears a KFC bucket better be talented....everything i've read about him has been very positive...kind of a "rain man" with a guitar...he's a cult figure here in L.a.--supposed to have an amazing toy collection.

10. Choppaface macrumors 65816

11. vniow macrumors G4

12. job macrumors 68040

job

13. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I watched the full show...it was a rapid descent after Jimmy Fallon's opening number.

eminem is all about controversy. If people stop hating him, they'll start ignoring him and his career will go down the toilet. I'd expect to see more of the same, if not escalation of his antics.

Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are having a competition to see who can look the sluttiest...Christina won.

G&R was...well, not G&R. I couldn't even tell it was Axel most of the time. He sounded like Steve Ballmer, all out of breath running around the stage. Buckethead was the best part of that set.

Jimmy did a good job hosting...didn't pull any punches, went right after the big names.

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i can't believe that dashboard confessional won an award

that's just funny

britney's a dirty little whore

15. King Cobra macrumors 603

>(3rdpath) what a putz....the guys got so much attitude and NO TALENT...

Like him or not, do NOT mock the talent of Eminem. It takes a lot of intelligence to rhyme like he does, and I know how to do that.

>(jello)moby's cool. not b...

Before I continue the quote, I gotta ask: Will you still incorporate your support for the Green party with your, uh, new avatar?

Anyways... :D

>(jello)moby's cool. not big on his music though. like him more as a person. from what i know about him

Did you know Moby did drugs from 10 to 13 years of age?

Moby isn't too bad. However, for my taste, I only like the most popular songs that come from his CDs, mostly "We Are All Made Of Stars" and "Southside". There are a few others, but I don't want to list them right now.

16. vniow macrumors G4

I gave up on MTV a long time ago. It's not even MUSIC television anymore, all they show is teenybobber bullmilk. My sister watches it all the time and it annoys the hell out of me. The only reason to watch any awards show in my opinion are the performances. Sometimes they're pretty cool, as for the ones on the VMAs, I wouldn't know, I didn't watch it. Oh well, it's my loss anywayz.:p
    The radio sucks too alond with about 95% of metal. The only ways to get access to decent music nowadays are being shut down by the RIAA (or they're trying at least.:p)
    End of rant:)

17. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Eminem is just a wanker, Vanilla ice version 2 with a tiny amount of credibility because dr. dre produces his music and stan was kind of catchy.

What, those little chocolate guys on the adverts are real ? They should stop using them in the TV commercials now, the one with them in tents eating little M&Ms is promoting canibalism :D

18. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hahaha. talent to rhyme. even if that's the case, then there are tons of people with more "talent" than eminem on the streets. and a lot of them wouldn't feel the need to be such an ass all the time

the nader avatar was about a joke i had with cleo about her making a green party tar with nader eating a veggie hot dog back before she had a tar. so i delivered what she couldn't. ha. though she did give me props for it.

people aren't bad just because they do drugs. and notice, if he stopped at age 13. he has learned something eh? how bout linkin park and korn and limp bizkit brah? you think they don't do drugs, currently?

moby is a big supporter of environmental groups and is a vegetarian. things i can see eye to eye with him on. he's also bald. so that's cool

people who are straightedge when they're 15 or 18 or 22 often end up drunks by the time they're 25 or 30. so maybe it's better to get that streak over with when you're young and learn from it than to wait until you might be too old to get through it

etc

19. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I can't believe I forgot about it. Damn!

I want to see Axl, I want to see Triumph, I want to see slutty Christina and Britney.

Oh well, it airs again tomorrow.

20. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

lol! britney's dressed like one of the Village People :D and Christina..I havn't seen her yet, but hey, it all GOOD! :D :D ;)
    * drools *

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

probably about 10 times

gotta love those sluts

22. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

OMG! Christina's just come on to present an award, and OMG, what a slut! LOVE IT! :D ;) :p

23. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I wouldn't mind seeing Britney Spears and Christina Aguillera having a cat fight... Damn, that'd be fly!

BTW, for the people that saw the ending with GNR, would you say that it was as good as when Slash was part of the band?

24. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yeah i agree mtv sux.... nothing new there.... but what was new was the video taped (now edited out) controversy between emeniem and moby. i respect mony a lot... i especially dig his values/morals and how he does not compromise them in the business....amongs other thing. and he is definitly more creative and intellegent then that adolescent, anger management challenged kid named eminem.

did you all see what happened??? really... the non edited version?? eminem stuck the finger out at mony right in front of his face... i can show you a pic to prove it... if you all havent seen it yet. thats childish.

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The Michael Jackson incident was friggin hilarious though :D