M>Moore for Prez!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eclipse525, Oct 1, 2003.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

I say Micheal Moore should run for Prez! I know for a fact that no one would dare show up at that debate. Who would you want in office?

~e

2. Waluigi macrumors 6502

Personally, I enjoy Michael Moore. Everytime I see him, a smile always comes across my face for some reason. I think it is because he acts and dresses like a big kid, and that is a good thing. I don't know how effective of a president he would be, and he certainly has a lot of enemys. I just look foward to his next projects, and his appearances on all the talk shows!

--Waluigi

3. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Honestly, the only enemies(ALOT!) he has are the very ones that are F***ing this country up. You can not sustain a country on self interest. Ugggghhhh! We're all Human beings and we live on One damn planet. Now what's the freakin problem. So simple yet such a way out concept for most.

I'm fuming at the moment....I'm going to grab a drink...:confused: :D

~e

4. Pinto macrumors newbie

If anyone who was really interested in stopping corporate fraud, cutting back the military gravy-train and governing for the good of the people, ran for office, His body would soon be found in a dumpster.

There's just to much money at stake for anyone genuinely honest to be allowed the job.

Not that I'm saying MM is honest, I don't really know the fellow. But anyone who organizes gay choirs to sing at homo-phobic Senators and cheerleaders dancing for love at the Aryan Nation retreat can't be all bad.

Lets here it for the corporate crime-fighting chicken.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i don't think mr. moore should run for any kind of office. the thing he does best is what he's doing now. he should do more of it.

it is painfully obvious to me that presidents should be skilled diplomats. mr. moore is incredibly undiplomatic. which, again, makes him effective at what he does.

6. Inu macrumors newbie

M.Moore is really doing the best he can atm. Being president wouldnt be good for him or the country, i guess. Besides that, no one would be paying his campaign (wich seems to be really, really important).

As for the president should be a skilled diplomat: really time for a change there, because the current one kind of sucks at it. Alienating all-out support into hostile mood... its almost a negative skill

7. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Well....perhaps he shouldn't be president but at the very least he should be a top advisor and people like him should start working thier way into the big government and slowly transform it. The funny thing I can't think of anyone that I'd like as prez in the moment. Wesley Clark sounds pretty good but don't really know much about him. Perhaps their is someone in the wings.

~e

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'd vote for Leon Panneta, if he'd run. I think he prefers a lower-profile role though.

9. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I think the general consensus amongst Michael Moore fans is that as much as we like the guy, he should stick to doing what he does best...be a pain in the ass for all those conservatives, gun nuts, corporate welfare queens, and anyone who takes advantage of the regular Joe.
    I really like Michael Moore. I like where he comes from, as a kid he won the Elks Club speech prize with a speech against the racist policies of the Elks Club. He ran and won the chair of the school board while he was a High School senior so he could fire the principal. That kind of stuff is great fun and shows how things are messed up and even makes a difference, but it's not neccessarily the kind of stuff that makes for a good President...then again being born with a silver spoon up your butt, being a drunk until age 40, failing at a bunch of businesses, going aWol from a cushy stateside position while there's a real war going on might not be any better preparation for the White House.

Oh Yeah, Michael Moore has a new book coming out this week:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...03-2480222-0210249?v=glance&s=books&n=507846"

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: M>Moore for Prez!

I would show up. He is an idiot. His stupidity makes me laugh

11. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Why not? He has better name recognition then most of the Democrat candidates and he is much clearer on his viewpoints and political stances then any of them.

12. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Re: Re: M>Moore for Prez!

That's pretty harsh. I know he doesn't agree with your viewpoints, but at least he has facts to back himself up with.
    Your hero GWB just lies and twists unrelated items into the same sentence to get you to think something without saying it a la Saddam=Al Queda (which we know is absolutely untrue).
    I'll take Michael Moore over any of the neo-con cabal or your pill popping cheerleader Rush anyday.

13. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

It's funny everybody has an opinion and are totally entitled to them but facts are facts and proof is proof. If you build this great car but it keeps breaking down over and over again. You would think that you'd go back and tweak or rebuild the engine, being that it's the source of the problem BUT noooooooooo this country and the politicians just do body work and send it on it's way to another sucker. You have to run this country and run for politics with FACTS and solutions that just work. Just do what works. Man, it's not rocket science. People in this country are SO FREAKIN lazy and as long as their little lives' aren't disturbed then they pretend that all is fine. Blind ignorance. It's only when tragedy strikes home is when people seem to take action but it's sad that it has to come to that for people to wake up and start asking questions. Damn Shame.

Moore might not be the right canidate for president but he's a good measure of the type of people we need in this country in order to truely become a great nation and HOPEFULLY not just a nation but a United ONE world nation. We truly need everyone on the same page. I'm not talking Utopia but rather common ground, rights and respect for everyone. How about we start with just basic HUMAN rights. The right to live. The right to Food, Shelter and Healthcare. No matter WHO you are. Small changes create one big change.

Ok...I'll shut up now.

~e

14. Judo macrumors regular

Don't know why you think he's an idiot BTTM. Just cause you don't agree with him. But I guess I think George W bush is an idiot, maybe stemming from me not likeing his(?) ideas.

15. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

No, I think that he is an idiot, because he is blinded by his own opinion. He cannot see past his opinion. You can find facts for any position, but it the inability to use common sense that has doomed him into being an icon of absurdity.

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I think he's an excellent filmmaker. His work is very entertaining and has a moral message. It's guerrilla documentary making at its finest.

I think his books and films tend to oversimplify things a bit, but the message is still there, and the greatest messages are the simple ones that strike to the heart of humanity.
    ("We The People;" "I have a dream;" The only thing we have to fear;" "Imagine there's no countries")

17. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Actually, he's not blinded by his own opinion. What he does is presents the facts. Although, he does it in a "In Your Face" approach they are still facts and just common sense. The problem is most people just turn a blind eye and write him off as some sort of crazy slob with kooky ideals. The problems going on in this country are the reactions to the way the "power's that be" are running it. So be lucky that there is a Micheal Moore. It could be worse and trust me it will be worse if people don't wake up and start asking the right questions and demand answers. L.A. riots are a small taste. Eventually, people can take only so much, then their gonna react. Sad but true.

Every action is like a ripple effect. Start with one small positive act and it will ripple into others. Then you might see this nation turn into a greater one than anybody expected. I think ultimately that's the message Mr. Moore is trying to get across. You just won't listen any other way.

~e

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Michael Moore is an editorialist and a satirist. He is no more of an "idiot" then William Safire or George Will. If you don't like his message, fine, disagree with it -- but don't try to paint him as brainless on that account. Clearly, he knows precisely what he is doing.