M$ watching NY keynote

Discussion in 'Community' started by Geert, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

I voted couple of minutes ago for best rumor site,
    and saw CAR inbetween the top 5.
    I checked and found this:

Microsoft To Watch Keynote, Say "Oh, Yeah, We've Got That."

Exacerbating the deteriorating relationship between Apple and Microsoft, Microsoft announced today that representatives of the company will watch Steve Jobs' Wednesday Keynote and say repeatedly "Oh, yeah, we've got that." every time Jobs announces a new product or feature.

According to a Cnet article, Microsoft has already attempted to steal some of Apple's impending thunder by announcing a new version of Windows Media that will not even go beta until September.

Microsoft invited members of the media to a viewing of Jobs' Wednesday Keynote at the company's Redmond, Wash. headquarters. CEO Steve Ballmer and Windows Media manager Jonathan Usher will describe how they are making exactly the same thing.

According to Microsoft sources, highlights of the viewing will include:

- Ballmer saying "Oh, we've got something way cooler than that, but I can't show it to you yet."

- 20 minutes of Usher shifting nervously in his chair, rolling his eyes and saying "Pff."

- Ballmer surreptitiously flipping off Jobs' image on the screen by scratching his eye with his middle finger.

- Usher putting the heels of his hands to his mouth and blowing to make a farting noise every time Jobs mentions QuickTime.

- Ballmer saying "Oh, my God! We're going to release exactly the same thing two years from now! I can't believe how they copy us!"

- Usher saying "Wow, that's really cool... No! No! I mean, that sucks! Yeah, that totally sucks."

- Ballmer insisting he was the first to think of wearing a black turtleneck and jeans.

Industry sources also indicate that Microsoft has told several friends that it never really liked Apple in the first place and that it was just being friends with the company because it felt sorry for it.

OK, OK, it's not the best one, there is live coverage of the keynote as well. Worth checking that out www.crazyapplerumors.com

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, that's great - and you know in some way they must have been watching carefully and feeling that they could do better, passing it off....

where was the poll for the best rumors site? I need to go and cast my vote!

D

3. Geert thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geert

Duke, you can find it here

Or if you are on the MR homepage choose the VOTE FOR MACRUMORS thread.