M3Power

Discussion in 'Community' started by evoluzione, May 20, 2004.

1. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    ok, so no, not the BMW M3, but the new Gillette razor...

you may have seen the commercials, basically Gillette's new razor, they had the Mach3, with 3 blades, the Schick comes out with four blades, so what do they do? 5? nah, an electric 3 blade razor!

i heard about these a week or so ago, and was a little baffled, it's your basic wet razor, but it kind of vibrates, which supposedly helps lift the hair from the skin to create a closer shave. then i saw the ad, and it made sense, it said they'd be out at the end of the month, but i saw them in my local supermarket last night, i bought one, and i have to say, they're awesome! shaves close, closer then the Mach3 turbo, but i think it just cuts better, and easier, which is good if you have sensitive skin i guess, less strokes and all that....

anyways, not quite sure why i'm posting this, i guess i'm interested to see what people's take on an electric wet razor is....

:)

2. iGav macrumors G3

so let me get this right... it looks like a normal wet razor... but vibrates... yes?? :confused:

not safe for intimate girl use then... heh heh heh :eek: ;) :D

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yep. They had them in the store this morning, when coincidentally I was shopping for a razor. The vibrating exposed blade thing seemed a bit much, so I walked out with a Remington model much like the one I was replacing.

Or intimate boy use. The thing just looked scary! On the other hand, the blade is removable...

4. medea macrumors 68030

medea

While this seems like somewhat interesting technology I do not personally purchase Gillette products. Gillette has a history of animal experimentation such as what happened in some of the past undercover images have shown with scenes such as blinded rabbits who were restrained with their eyes oozing from the harsh irritants applied or screaming in fear and pain as they were held by lab workers while their shaved skins were speared with harsh and toxic chemicals, or trembling and dying in their cages with skin blistered and flesh exposed. In '96 they did institute a moratorium on animal testing but has yet to adopt a permanent ban on all future testing. So while they may not currently test on animals they can pick it up again whenever they see fit.

5. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

if anyone is interested
    if you go to the web site
    http://www.gillettem3power.com/home_f.asp
    you can get 3 free MP3s from some place called music now

Edit:
    but you have to download software
    my promo # for free downloads is
    if anyone wants it is 62d3777

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So what you're talking about is not one of those electric shavers that cost $300, right? You're talking about a regular razor, like a Mach3, but it happens to vibrate?

What's the difference between a Mach3 and a Mach3 Turbo? I always thought it was a marketing/"milking you for money" issue. Anyway, Mach3 blades are probably great, but for some reason, I always cut myself a million times when shaving with it, so I just stick with my Gilette Sensor Excel and don't even bother with my Mach3 anymore.

7. evoluzione thread starter macrumors 68010

evoluzione

so yeah, it's basically the same size and shape as a traditional wet razor, with the same replaceable blades, but yeah, it vibrates...

and yeah, as soon as i used it, i thought they're gonna make a killing when the ladies realise this :)

i only just heard about this gillette and animal testing thing last night (after i bought the razor) and i'm very against it, i even got one of my only "A" grades at school for a paper on animal testing, very strong it was too, and i basically crushed any excuse you could come up with to defend it, and more. but, i do realise that i alone am not going to stop it, and there are more than just those big companies that test on animals, that we don't even know about. as far as i know, most do. it makes me sick, but then we get into the whole vegetarian issue too, they way animals are treated before and during their death, just as sickening, but i still eat meat. if i knew i was making a difference i'd think about it, sure. i try and avoid it as much as i can but it's expensive a lot of the time (i needed new blades anyway when i bought this), i try and eat organic, i try and eat non-GMo foods etc etc etc. but honestly, how much animal testing can go into a freakin' razor? i know i know, it's the same company etc...blah blah blah. oh, and i just wanna say before i get picked apart and flamed :) my dream is to travel the world and also to live fullt self-sufficiently, growing my own food etc, the planet is dying, and we're going to make things much worse before we make them better....

ok, tangent over with....

my original post asked what do you make of it all? i know it sounds weird, and i don't think the actual blade itself vibrates, just the rest of it, so it's no less safe than it would be otherwise.

and yeah, Abstract, exactly what you said, i think i paid $15 bucks including blades...takes one AAA battery in the handle, so it's very slightly fatter than the Mach3, which makes it more comfy really. and as for the difference between the M3 and M3Turbo, from what i remember the latter has "an anti-friction" blade so you can shave against the grain so to speak...personally i don't notice much difference, my skin ain't "that" sensitive...

ok, i'm done haha :D

8. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Actually there are plenty of companies that do not test on animals, I try my hardest to support them. Here are some PDF's of companies that
    DO NO TEST and DO TEST

9. coopdog macrumors 6502a

WTF is the reason to test on animals? Shave animals? Why don't they just use people to test shampoos, makeups and the products made by the DO TEST LIST?

10. evoluzione thread starter macrumors 68010

evoluzione

thanks for that, and yes i am fully aware that many do not test on animals, all my shower gel, shampoo etc is cruelty free... but, i have to say, i just don't trust what some of these companies say.