M9324G/A

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by tdbaws, Aug 15, 2004.

1. macrumors member

tdbaws

anyone know of a place that has really good deals on mac batteries? i'm looking for the M9324G/A which is the battery for the 12inch powerbook. Is there anyone selling this item?

2. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Batteries can lose battery life as they age, especially if they aren't cared for properly. I'd be very hesitant to buy a battery from anywhere that wasn't a trusted retailer.

3. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

BTI has a generic one, if thats the rout you are thinking of taking.

4. macrumors 6502a

at BTI, the 15" Al PB battery's price is the same as the Apple retail store price. then why not buy Apple's battery and not a generic?

5. thread starter macrumors member

tdbaws

i'm looking for an extra battery, not one to replace mine. i've only had my mac a month, lol. i'm just going to be going overseas here in a month and want a spare.

6. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I say buy it from Apple. If BTI's batteries had the same capacity for the same price, then buy from Apple. Seriously, Apple's 12" PB batter is 50 Watt-hours or something according to it's specs page. The BTI page states their battery at the equivalent of a 48.84 Watt-hour capacity, which is less. It isn't much less (4-5 minutes of battery life), but for the same price, get it from Apple.

7. thread starter macrumors member

tdbaws

o0k, thanks for the help fellas.

8. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And the PB 12" battery is is about $20 more than Apple's....