Mac 20" LCD Cinema Display Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by buddy2000, Feb 10, 2007.

1. buddy2000 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what might be the problem and the fix for my monitor?

Whenever I close/move a window, application or anything on the screen it leaves a faint image of what was there. After a minute or so it slowly fades away. This happens with everything that was on the screen.

Is this a setting gone bad or a problem with the video card. Anybody seen this before.

Thanks.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

That doesn't sound like any kind of software or video card problem I've ever heard of--it sounds like LCD display "burn in".

I believe the official Apple recommendation to fix that is to display an all-white image on your screen for a while, which theoretically fixes image persistence.

That said, if it's happening after just having a window open for a bit, that's REALLY bad--I've got a 20" ACD that I've had for three years and it has no persistence problems at all. In fact, I've never seen an LCD--Apple or otherwise--that had a persistence problem that severe.

If it's still under warranty I'd get it looked at by Apple immediately. If not... well, try the white thing and hope for the best, I guess.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

do you have another computer you can hook up to your display to see if this behavior is repeated? this would go a long way to helping isolate the problem - this would almost definitely show if it's your computer or the display itself...