Mac 20th Anniversary Mac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mislabeledstar, May 27, 2003.

1. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

Anyone out there think apple will make a special model for the 20th anniversary of the macintosh platform? and if so, you think they'll price it as high as the TAM (twentieth anniversary mac) which had something like a whopping $7,500 price tag? I'm looking to purchase around march next year which falls around when all that shiz would be going down...... 2oth anniversary 970...... mmmmmmm

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

$10k on the TAM. They had to lower it to something around $2500 by the end of the run.

3. Chef Ramen macrumors member

i remember using one...killer appearance and sound system, tiiiiny screen.

i remember the price would go down every few months..lol!

4. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

$10,000 was the deluxe package. A guy in a tuxedo brought it to your house in a limo, then came in and setup the whole system for you.
    It was already too slow and people couldn't see paying $7,000 for it so they kept dropping the price.
    It does OS 9.1 OK. Sound can't be beat with the Bose stereo system w/sub woofer:cool:

5. mislabeledstar thread starter macrumors regular

It looked beautiful. I really hope they come out with something new like that at MacWorld SF for the anniversary....... just without the price tag, i could buy it in a tuxedo and bring it back home in my own tux....... maybe it's not the same, but........

6. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

It's one thing seeing a picture, but seeing one in person is really different. I know it's probably been said before, but you really should see one in person. It's striking.

7. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Hell yeah. I saw one at MWNY last year, first time I saw one in person. I've wanted one since. That thing was sweet. Too bad it's like $1,000 for one. Gotta get a G3 for it first.

8. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Anybody have a picture of what this thing looks like?