.mac 250 mb. update question....

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Joeytpg, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Ok guys, recently apple updated the basic 100 mb .mac offered.........we now have 250 mb of free space between iDisk and .Mac mail .............but my iDisk does not recognize the increase by apple...............it says my iDisk space does not match the correct size, or something like that.

so i went to System Preferences and to .Mac and it only says i have 125 mb available......it doesn't show the 250 increase.

how can i fix this..........or how can i reset the .mac settings?

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I would email Apple .Mac support or look in the Help section.

3. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Please understand the default use of the new .mac is 125 mb for email and 125 mb for idisk. so 125 + 125 = 250. This is how the new upgrade works. you can adjust the space under your system pref on .mac web page. i have 100 mb for email and 150 for idisk.

4. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

This is an error with some of the updates. I too am affected. I found something posted about this here:

http://macslash.org/comments.pl?sid=4834&cid=80624

Good luck

5. PeterD42 macrumors member

Hi, I think you just have to reset your iDisk local copy. The increased .Mac iDisk size on the Apple server is now larger than your local copy. Go to iMac in system preferences and de select "create a local copy of your iDisk". Then close preferences, reopen and then select "create a local copy". This should create a new local copy the same size as on the Apple server and you should stop getting the message about fixing the size of the iDisk

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is correct. I had to do the same thing when I upgraded to 1GB of space the day the 250MB upgrade came out.