.Mac 3.0?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by afields, Apr 27, 2005.

1. afields macrumors 6502

afields

2. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Yes, I just read this on AI too. I don't know if I am the average .Mac user or not (I would think not) but almost all of my usage centers around my .Mac e-mail address and my iDisk. Occasionally I'll use the iPhoto to webpage feature, but never Backup, Virex (to be excluded in the new version apparantly), and some other features.

So naturally, I'd love to see a boast in storage, but I understand why Apple isn't up to Gmail's 2GB since they split the space between iDisk and email storage. I'd personally split it like 1900 MB/100 MB iDisk/email if it we up to me, and that would be a lot more costly for Apple.

Anyway, a boast to 500 MB would be nice. :)

3. afields thread starter macrumors 6502

afields

I don't think they go up to 2gb, but I'd be happy with 500mb, and some new templates...

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if the new features are good enough i just might sign up with my next Mac!

5. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

.Mac is down

.Mac servers are down for me, maybe 3.0 is on its way. We will see

6. vieoray macrumors regular

this just appeared in my rss reader from one of apple's feeds, marked for 3AM pacific time, perhaps someone screwed up:

.Mac, Apple’s suite of innovative software and Internet services, has just been enhanced. .Mac membership unlocks exclusive Tiger features including Mac-to-Mac syncing of keychains and Mail settings like accounts, rules, signatures and Spotlight-driven Smart Mailboxes. Members also get access to comprehensive online tutorials for a variety of Apple products, such as Tiger, iLife, iWork, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Shake and Logic. Also new is the .Mac Family Pack, giving up to five family members the .Mac experience for just $179.95 a year. Save $30 when you buy an individual .Mac membership or the .Mac Family Pack from the Apple online store, an Apple retail store or an authorized Apple resellers by May 23. [Apr 29, 2005]

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

It would be nice if they add WAP (did I use the right term?) for devices like the Treo 650.

8. alirio macrumors newbie

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Really like the new look.

Another thing I would like them to add in the near future is pay as you go dial up service. My cable provider is now doing it for $10 for 5 hour blocks with 1-800 access.

10. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I'm always a bit adverse to change, and I don't particularly like the new design. The sides are perfect, the but the center is pretty ugly. The yellow, green, and blue just look obnoxious among the white and shades of grey.

At least those .Mac exclusive Widgets are coming....now if only Apple could ship Tiger to me on time, like they said they would. :rolleyes: